Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

A Fantasy Novel...Lacking in Names

Hi guys!
    I'm writing (at least I'm planning) a high fantasy novel set in a Renaissance-like world. I have a huge list of names that I like but I'm having trouble narrowing them down. Feel free to let me know what you think: Are there any you love or absolutely hate? What character do you see when you hear the name? Which ones are worthy of protagonists and which ones might have to sit it out this time? For some reason I always seem to have so many more girls' names than boys'. Anyway, here they are!

Girls
    Memphis
    Isadora
    Adelina
    Roana
    Mara
    Alethea
    Aeria (prn. AIR-ee-ah)
    Maeve
    Keziah
    Finna
    Melisande (prn. MEH-lee-sahnd)
    Sidra
    Cassiopeia

Boys
    Tariq
    Rydell
    Lucian (nn. Luca?)
    Ash
    Silas
    Cato
    Kai
    Leo

Do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks!

Use the forms at the top of the Writer's Forum. There are rules for a reason.
    Mother, Hellenic Pagan Priestess, and Resident Greek name expert ^_^ Call me Dantea or Remy

http://covertocoverediting.webs.com/ -- Editing services available for cheap.

Proud Mama to:
    Persephone Elysia Willow -- June 5th 2013
    TTC #2 by Christmas 2014

Boys
    I love the came Luca. I think that would be a very good name for a male protagonist.
    Cato is also really good and means all-knowing.
    I really like the name Kai but it it Hawaiian so I don't think it fits renaissance. You could also try Ky or Kye.
    I also really like Leo for a male protagonist because it means 'lion'.

Have you thought of just going classic like Peter, Raphael, James, Benjamin, Sebastian, or Gideon?

Girls
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE Adelina. I think it would be PERFECT for a female protagonist! Especially because it means 'nobility' and has a Renaissance ring to it.
    I also really like Isadora and Mara.

Have you thought of Cecily or Cecelia? What about Victoria for a protagonist because it means 'victory'? I also really like Celeste, which means 'heavenly' in Latin. I also really like these names because they sound like Renaissance style names.

I love Isadora and Melisande for girls, and Araminta I think would also be a good Renaissance-type name, though maybe not for a protagonist.

For boys, I absolutey ADORE Luca, and I also like Ash and Leo.

My favorites for girls were: Memphis, Adelina, Finna, Sidra. I really like the sound of Memphis for a girl, too.
    Favorites for boys: Rydell, Ash, Leo, and I prefer the name Luca on just its own
    Ingrid Genevieve | Evanna Yvaine | Winifred Delphine | Saoirse Elaine
    Astra Gillian | Rose Morgana | Irene Lourdes | Danae Andromeda

Damian Orion | Simon Cornelius | Gareth Evan | William Thierry
    Edmund Abraham | Wendell Eleazar | Shepherd Phoenix