Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    We are honoring family members with the D and E names. What other E name sounds good with Dylan or Devin?

Have you considered Dilys, rather than Dylan? I've just discovered it, and find it adorable. It's got that spunky tomboy sound, and the lovely second syllable that reminds me of Alice and her ilk. It's Welsh and means genuine.
    Considering...
    Cordelia Eilonwy Snow ● Evadne Undomiel Snow ● Isabeau Sophronia Blanche ● Lorelei Nimue Ondine
    Pandora Vivienne Swan ● Thisbe Octavia Wildrose ● Thora Ilythia Swan

●●● ●●● ●●●
    Caspian Ithuriel Wilder ● Damian Rainer Sparrow ● Evander Ithuriel Sol
    Gwydion Alaric Hart ● Malachi Tristan Bjorn ● Phineas Robin Blaise ● Theodore Peregrine Llyr

our furbabies: Sebastian & Oleander

I liked boyandgirl's suggestion of Delaney - it's a unisex name that sounds much, much better on a girl.

Delaney Eve

to start off with let's clarify the 'unisex' thing. Names like Delaney, Audrey & Audrey have been considered as unisex for quite a few years.

Names like Dylan, Devin, Ryan, Morgan etc. - are BOYS names someone stupidly gave to a girl. If I seen a boys name on a girl it would name me think that the parents wanted a boy & got a girl but still used the name anyway.

I can understand that the D & E are honouring someone but there are loads of names that would be cute on girl and not get confused with a boy.

Delaney
    Destiny
    Deziree (Dez-I-Ray)
    Delilah
    Daniella/Danielle
    Daisy
    Demelza
    Dorothea
    Dolly
    Deanna
    Dominique

Elena
    Ellen
    Eleanor
    Emerald
    Ebony
    Evelyn
    Emily
    Erica
    Estelle
    Esme
    Ember

All unisex names start out as a name solely used by one (gender). You are right that both Dylan and Devin are unisex names.

Over the past 10 years (2002-2012), Dylan has been used more girls than for boys in the US. Dylan was the name given to between 500 and 800 girls and between 19 and 31 boys per year. It is getting close to being considered solely a girls name.

Devin fell off the list for girls after 2005 but from 2000-2005, the name was given to between 500 and 900 girls per year. It was given to between 70 and 175 boys per year from 2002-2012. So Devin was popular for girls early in the decade but has fallen off in use meaning it is a known name for a girl but less likely to be used currently. Your daughter would be unlikely to have another Devin or Dylan in her class.

E names that begin more with the eM or eL are less likely to flow into the first name ending in n,

Try Emily, Emma, Eleanor, Eliana.

I like Devin Eleanor the most.
    Last edited by paw; October 6th, 2013 at 06:45 AM.
    I like simple yet versatile names that work well for the athlete, the comic, the genius, and the judge.