Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Alivia

Olivia and Alivia are the same here. Even if you pronounce them differently, chances are her friends, colleagues, acquaintances, etc. won't. She'll be "Olivia-with-an-a" throughout school. Olivia is so much prettier. Please stick with the legit spelling.
    Current favorites:
    Cora . Louisa . Lydia . Mary

My Adoption Journey

@casilda: Olivia is not the same as Alivia. Alivia is currently in the top 200, so it has become a legit spelling.
    ~Emily

Ladies...
    Annabel, Carlotta, Tamar, Jubilee, Lorelei, Lola, Josie, Alice, Indira, Claire, Liliosa, Vivienne, Ella, Abigail, Ivy

Gents...
    Jameson, Samuel, Archer, Dominic, Barnaby, Paul, Henry, Oliver, Jadon, Isaac, Harrison, Lawson, Ezra, Rhys

"The most beautiful voice in the world is that of an educated Southern woman."
    (Stolen from @tabby)

It has the feel of a yoonique spelling. It reminds me of that parody mommy blog where the mom named her daughter Olivia spelled "Ahlivyiah" or something. I get that its apparently a genuine alternate spelling, but it looks/feels fake to me, and most people will think you were trying to be "creative" rather than that you were using an established alternative.
    Last edited by ameliawilliams; October 5th, 2013 at 12:16 PM.
    I hope to be a mom one day. For now I enjoy being a name lover.

My apologies for any typos; i post from my mobile phone.

Alivia is a modern invention. It was made up by some kre8tif parents who liked Olivia but didn't care for the name's popularity so decided to change the spelling and make it "youneek". Alivia has no depth and no history. Olivia or the Italian Livia are fine. Alivia is their poor illegitimate relation.
    Last edited by mischa; October 5th, 2013 at 04:57 PM.
    All the best,
    Mischa.

When I worked at a daycare I had an Alyvia in my class and seeing her name in writing made me cringe inside. Olivia is much prettier and legit.
    Melinda Sus.anne + Brandon Cra.ige
    Stepmom to Shelley J------
    Auntie to Richard "Mason", Alexander Thomas, Tanner Andrew, & Baby Girl due in January
    Isabelle Yun, Juliet Susanne, Rachel Emily, Rosalie, Miranda, Elisabeth, Natalie, Katherine, Adriana
    Ammon Xavier, Matthew Craige, William Clifton, Benjamin, Spencer, Jacob, Henry, Tyler, Leo