Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question Lily: too much of a stretch?

Wondering if this would work. My name is Olivia, and I was thinking about this earlier...would it be too much of a stretch to use Lily for short? I don't see why not, personally...if it can be short for Elizabeth, why not Olivia? I think it's pretty, and I like that it'd be unexpected...but is it too unexpected? If someone called Lily told you their full name was Olivia would you be particularly shocked or surprised or whatever?

Just looking for opinions. Thanks
    Livia, sixteen. I like art in all its forms.

Top Names:

Tobias Rowan Dmitri | August Finnian Beck
    Saskia Maeve Kerensa | Bryony Saoirse Wren

Crushing on: Louis (♂) Emilia (♀)

Namelist

I'd expect Livy but Lily is cute and I say if you like it, go for it. It definitely seems closer to a nickname for Olivia than Elizabeth. And if you think about it, a nickname for William is Billy, which changes a letter of the nickname, and there are definitely other examples of common nicknames that are more of a stretch. I'd say if you went by Lily and I found out your full name was Olivia, I'd be a little surprised for a second but I'd think it was really cute.

I just don't know why anyone wouldn't love the name Livy, lol. It's my absolute favorite. But I don't think Lily is crazy. It's not obvious or intuitive but i'ts not totally out there.
    Olivia/Livia/Livy/Liv : Thessaly/Darah/Bethel : Noelle/Eve
    Benedict/Eli: Jude/Zane: Luke/Darius : Levi/Phineas/Calvin

I like it... It works...

No, I wouldn't be surprised. I personally am indifferent to Olivia. I love Lily.
    If I had to go for an unusual nickname I would choose Vivian though.
    Michelle
    I'm an Italian teenberry!
    I have synesthesia.
    Apologies for any grammar/spelling mistakes. I try my best.
    Also, I'm bad at naming boys. You'll almost never find me discussing boy names.