Results 1 to 5 of 25
October 4th, 2013 10:16 AM #1Junior Member
- Join Date
- Apr 2013
Baby's about here and we're almost to the perfect name!
Our baby should be here in about a week, and we've almost decided on her name. Almost Thanks for everyone's help so far!
Our final two names are Stella and Violet. We decided to take both names with us to the hospital and decide once she is born. However, we haven't finalized the middle name for either choice yet. We'd love your input in helping us decide!
• Stella Maeve Hart (I like the one syllable middle, and love the meaning, even though the meaning of 'Maeve' is a turn-off to some, I don't take it to mean anything sensual. DH loves the name and it's meaning.)
• Stella Monroe Hart (I love the sound of 'Monroe' as a middle, I'm not too keen on the meaning or the Marilyn reference but I think it is vintage-y and pretty with Stella as a first name.)
• Stella Marina Hart (This was our original choice and I think it's beautiful, but DH really wants to use Marina as a first name at some point if we have another daughter. Also some people weren't too keen on both names ending in -a which doesn't really bother me i don't think. The possible 'stella maris' virgin mary reference might be seen with this combo too.)
• Stella Sylvie Hart (I love the middle name Sylvie. I love the meaning and I love that it's earthy. So far no one on nameberry has seemed to like it much with Stella as a first name though.)
• Violet Maeve Hart (I like the one syllable middle, and love the meaning, even though the meaning of 'Maeve' is a turn-off to some, I don't take it to mean anything sensual. DH loves the name and it's meaning.)
• Violet Sylvie Hart (I love the middle name Sylvie. I love the meaning and I love that it's earthy. This is probably our favorite middle with Violet and the one we were planning to go with. The only reason we hesitated is when I wondered if 'Sylvie' seemed too much like Silver, another color name. I hope most people don't think so, as I love the combo, but I can't decide.)
• Violet Estelle Hart (I think this is a really pretty combo.)
• Violet Evangeline Hart (I think this is a pretty combo, and seems to be a nameberry favorite from our list. The name Evangeline is probably my least favorite middle for Violet though. I'm not sure why.)
Any thoughts or opinions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
October 4th, 2013 10:28 AM #3
I love, love Stella!
• Stella Maeve Hart - I agree with you on the meaning of Maeve, I think it is nice. The combo does feel sort of abrupt with two one syllable names.
• Stella Monroe Hart - I LOVE this My favorite combo you have. I honestly don't think of Marilyn Monroe, I think of James Monroe (former US President). I love what Monroe adds to Stella
• Stella Marina Hart - not my style
• Stella Sylvie Hart - I love Sylvie, but I have to say, I don't like the way it sounds with Stella. Marina Sylvie would be cute in the future!
• Violet Maeve Hart - feels a little less abrupt than Stella Maeve because Violet is 3 syllables, but still not in love
• Violet Sylvie Hart - This is my favorite combo you have for Violet! I love it <3
• Violet Estelle Hart - I would prefer Violet Estella Hart, but still very pretty! My #2 combo you have for Violet.
• Violet Evangeline Hart - I adore Evangeline, but for some reason I don't love it with Violet.
So my vote goes to Stella Monroe, followed by Violet Sylvie!Mom to 5
October 4th, 2013 10:38 AM #5Senior Member
- Join Date
- Dec 2012
Congrats on soon to be here little girl!
From the Stella combos, I really adore:
Stella Maeve Hart and Stella Marina Hart, however, if you think you would prefer Marina as a first name, then go with Stella Maeve!
From the Violet combos, my favorites are:
Violet Estelle Hart - This name combination is very stunning, Violet Estelle sounds so beautiful.
Violet Evangeline Hart - I love the name Evangeline so I am a bit biased, but it does sound good together.
October 4th, 2013 10:46 AM #7Member
- Join Date
- May 2013
October 4th, 2013 11:02 AM #9Current Favourites
Alice Cordelia | Lavinia Charlotte | Jane Leonora | Flora Penelope