Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    To me, James will always be a boys name. I just can't picture it on a girl and I have strong aversions to most boys names turned girls names.

I normally love hyphenated first names, but if you're determined to use James, I'd go with Sara James without the hyphenation.
    Zelia/Elja • Twenty • Film, history and royalty connoisseur • I have a blog and a royalty blog
    Exporting beautiful old Danish names, exotic Greenlandic names and Greenlandic sibling names.
    Henry Ásgeirr Edmund • Amaury Charles Fyodor "Theo" • Alexander Adelin Lórien "Sasha" • Asa Edouard Ivik
    Cosima Ingrid Zenobia "Mimi" • Matilda Ivalo Galadriel "Tilda" • Gaia Margaret Undómiel • Asta Catherine Françoise "Shazza"

Hyphenated First Names

My favorite hyphenated names are:
    Zoie-Paige
    Emma-Lynn
    Gemma-Rose
    Bella-Anne
    Mary-Jane
    Sophia-Grace
    Rosie-Louise

I knew a Barbara Josephine who was Bobbi Jo (no hyphen, though). She was named after both her grandmas. It was super cute and I can see the charm in that. I don't think that having a hyphen adds anything to a double fn, though.

James is a boy's name. Sorry. I'm biased, though.

Sara Jane is gorgeous and charming; I agree with previous posters. Or pick something with a unisex feel for the middle, like Jo.
    Mom to James Daniel (10) William Joseph (8), Elise Marie (7), and Zachary Allan (baby)
    http://letterstoauntkay.blogspot.com/

TTC #5
    Serena (Seri), Amy, Diana, Kate, Adele, Georgia, Audrey, Lucy, Linnea, Clara
    Thomas, Henry, Orin, Arthur, Samuel

DH's "approved" list:
    Seri, Amy, Diana, Lucy, Kate/Katie/Katherine, Audrey
    Thomas, Martin ("maybe")