Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Hyphenated first name?

Usually a hyphenate first name - like Cami-Jo or Donna-May - would sound super southern...maybe even too much. But I've seen some names that are more charming and pretty like Mary-Neal or Mary-John. I've always been fascinated at the combination of a girlname-boyname for a little girl's first name.

My great grandmother was Sara, and hubby's great-grandfather was James.

What do you think of Sara-James?

I like hyphenates sometimes, but I'm hesitant about the man's name. Sara-Jane would be darling, or you could go for a James variation. James and Jacob are actually two variations of the same name, so you could go with Sara Jacqueline.

Ok...I like hyphenated names, but not so much the short Southern style. I like the hyphenated French/Catholic saints names in my ancestry--Jeanne-Marie, Marie-Josephte. I'd go w/Sara James as a double first name (sans hyphen) or use James as a mn. Seraphine James would be my preference.

I'm not ok with James as a girl name.
    Vincent, Henrik, Thomas, William, Jaques, Alfred 'Alfie', Isaiah, Sylvan

Vincentia, Henrietta, Thomasin, Colette, Damaris, Sheila, Aria, Elodie

Percy James, Avalon Prosper (Aavie)

Hmmmm I'm not usually crazy about a double barrel FN. Except for the Marys. I dont know why Mary gets an exception but she does IMO. However, I agree with you that the girl-boy hyphen is actually lovely. I also agree with pp about the beautiful french hyphens.