Names Searched Right Now:
Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
    Has no one seen the OC? Seth Cohen? He's called by his last name throughout the entire show, and I am sure that popularized it as a first name in the US. I realize it's a character and it's the last name, but they use it as a nickname. I don't mean to offend anyone but it's really high up on the popularity charts and I really don't think anyone using it is trying to offend any religious groups. It's just a name- there are WAY more offensive things out there.
    PREGNANT with our first!!!

My name is Caroline, BeatrixDaisy is just a name I like!

My favorite names:
    Emilia, Beatrix, Juliette, Chloe, Madeline, Audrey, Emerson, Alaina, Felicity, Coralie, Alessandra, Katherine, Lucy, Luna
    Holden, Noah, Nathaniel, Caleb, Cameron, Adam, Calvin, Travis, Ronan, Hudson, James, Paul, Peter, Mason, Troy

I live in New Zealand and we don't have a big jewish population here - i'm sure they're around but I personally have never actually met anyone who is jewish. Therefore, I have ZERO clue why the name would be considered offensive, and I actually really like the name. Maybe a small group would find it offensive, but is that reason to change your sons name - not in my opinion no.
    Mummy of One:

Dominic Jameson: 3rd November 2013

Quote Originally Posted by anniemarie View Post
    I live in New Zealand and we don't have a big jewish population here - i'm sure they're around but I personally have never actually met anyone who is jewish. Therefore, I have ZERO clue why the name would be considered offensive, and I actually really like the name. Maybe a small group would find it offensive, but is that reason to change your sons name - not in my opinion no.
    Exactly my thoughts !! Dont change your son's name . If you look in the charts Cohen is rising so iam not the only one who doesnt find that name offensive .
    I loved her not for the way she danced with my angels but for the way the sound of her name could silence my demons.~ Christopher Poindexter.

A lonely old soul : ~ Hebe ~ Idile ~ Psyche ~ Io ~ Agapi ~ Monaxia .
    Little gent is currently nameless .

Its ok, its quite popular sure some people will be offended but what can you do you can't please everyone and your son is already older. As a nickname maybe Owen?
    〜Ebs〜
    Isobel*Eloise*Matilda*Alice*Eleanor*Amelia*Elena* Mirabel* Felicity* Phoebe*Tallaulah*Eilidh*Rosalia*Roisin*Azalea*Elsa *
    Eamon*Tiago*Cooper*Jack*Jago*Flynn*Archer*Lincoln* Asher*Alfie*Taylor* Finnian* Baxter* Lawson*Jasper*Deacon*Lewis*
    babynameobsessed.wordpress.com

"You can't please everyone so just use a name that's offensive/not okay to a group of people that has a history of being oppressed."

What? Ignorance is bliss, isn't it?
    Current favorites:
    Cora . Louisa . Lydia . Mary

My Adoption Journey