Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Timeless, Classical Names

I do adore my share of classical names, but lately it seems the names Amelia, Emma, Alexander, Atticus and others are beginning to get extremly popular and overused. Usually popularity doesn't bother me, and I'll continue to love a name. Such as the name Emma, it was great, great aunt's name and I've always wanted to name my daughter that for her, until I go out and hear thousands of parent's calling for their Emma's. I was wondering if there was still a few undiscovered vintage names that I could possibly fall in love with, list anything that you can think of!
    Possible Names:

Liam Ezra Aoife Roisin Fionn Mordecai Clara Rosemary Leo Benedict Eloise Clodagh

Lysander * Hyperion * Oliver * Roderick * Seamus * Niall * Edmund * Draco * Tadhg
    Lilyanna * Lux * Saoirse * Helena * Emma * Luna * Ellie * Ava * Arurora

Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. ~George Eliot

I think Cora is gaining popularity because it's the 'new' Emma, but I'll still suggest it.

Pearl is a name a lot of people seem to like, but few actually use.

Some other ideas:
    Bessie or Betsy as a nn for Elizabeth, Ada, Ida, Ina, Lula, Blanche, Dora, Dorothea, Mae, May, Maude, Nancy, Etta, Carrie/Caroline, Estella, Marion, Josie, Mayme/Mamie, Lois, Eula, Ines, Bianca, Pauline, Maxine, Roxanna, Amelia.

It's getting more and more challenging to come up with a unique name from vintage lists.... it's such a popular trend now.

Celia
    Edie
    Lavinia
    Paulina
    Mabel
    Sally
    Ila
    Marnie
    Francine
    Coral
    Iva
    Polly
    Amity
    Felicia
    Sibyl
    Millicent
    Bettina
    Elka
    Ginger
    Mirabel
    Geneva
    Johanna
    Blythe
    Maisie
    Priscilla
    Magnolia
    Esther
    Delia
    Orla
    Frances
    Miriam
    Last edited by lis09; October 5th, 2013 at 12:59 AM.