Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Thanks ottilie, leahmarie and kibby I loved reading your posts (looking forward to a list soon kibby) you are really educating me! I like light citrusy fragrances so what ones would fit this criteria. I find that the ones that look very dark in the bottle often have a very heavy fragrance which I find too much. I guess my dislike of jasmine and gardenia wouldn't help as these seem to make a strong fragrance which I find overpowering.
    Psalm 23

Quote Originally Posted by rollo View Post
    Thanks ottilie, leahmarie and kibby I loved reading your posts (looking forward to a list soon kibby) you are really educating me! I like light citrusy fragrances so what ones would fit this criteria. I find that the ones that look very dark in the bottle often have a very heavy fragrance which I find too much. I guess my dislike of jasmine and gardenia wouldn't help as these seem to make a strong fragrance which I find overpowering.
    Hi Rollo,

You might like Issey Miyaki's l'Eau d'Issey. It's light but not too sweet, cucumber and mixed floral, I think, nothing so strong or distinct as jasmine or gardenia. I think Annick Goutal also has a light citrusy scent for women, but I'm not sure what it's called. She (Annick Goutal) makes one for men called Eau de Monsieur, which is citrusy. (My husband has worn it.)

Hilary

I'm with @leahmarie512, I prefer the "fragrance mists" from Bath and Body Works. They're a bit lighter since I don't like anything that is heavy or overpowering, and they're more inexpensive but still smell nice. My personal favorites are (pulling some fragrance info off their site):

Sweet Pea
    - sweet pea, pear, logan berry, rhubarb with hints of cyclamen, freesia, raspberry, and musk
    It's slightly more floral but still fruity, not overwhelmingly flowery.

Pink Chiffon
    - mandarin, red pear, peach nectar, wild berries with hints of coconut, apple blossom, white orchid, and sandalwood
    Super light and feminine. Smells exactly like 'pink' should smell!

Dark Kiss
    - bergamot, incense, plum, rasperry with hints of amber, rose, vanilla, and musk
    A little bit more of a "night" fragrance, because it's slightly sexier and more mysterious.

Sexy Dahlia Rush
    - dahlia, plum, red currant, black jasmine, spiced vanilla
    Similar to the Dark Kiss, but slightly lighter, day or night.

This is going to sound strange, but my SO doesn't wear fragrances of any kind, not even an scented deodorant, and he naturally smells so good to me. I don't know why, but it's ridiculously attractive. I guess because I don't like a lot of cologne on men to begin with? Previously I did have a bf who wore a Dolce & Gabbana cologne, I have no idea what the name was since it had worn off the bottle, but it was this spicy, delicious-smelling amber colored cologne and literally all he had to do was wave his wrist under my nose and I'd melt, lol. He had another by Chaps and it was repulsive smelling. I think he wore it to punish me.
    "I have found the one whom my soul loves"
    k ♥ m

Leona · Vivian · Florence · Beatrix · Zelda
    August · Barnaby · Roland · Whitney · Atlas

I was turned off of most Bath and Body Works stuff after one of my classmates would always spray the Sweet Pea scent during biology dissection classes! Formaldehyde mixed with Sweet Pea was awful, and now whenever I smell Sweet Pea it just makes me want to gag.

I'm fairly predictable with perfumes, I'm afraid--most of the stuff my mom has gotten experimentally I haven't had any interest in, but I lovelovelove the scent of lavender, and I love the scent of lavender on me. My mom came across "Pretty" by Elizabeth Arden, and that's all I use. Apparently it has lavender scent in it, which is probably why I like it so much! I don't have an SO, so I couldn't tell you what he uses (or would use). I don't even remember what my brother uses occasionally, haha!
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle Aurora Grace | Caleb Elias Joseph | Arianne Eleanor Daisy | Everett Joshua Charles
    Olivia Wren Camille | Jack August Wilder | Violet Ophelia Claire | Avery Ian George

I love perfumes, especially trying new ones. I have a very long list of loves so I'll only list my very favourites. I pick out my DH's colognes because I'm very sensitive to the masculine ones, I think lots of them are overpowering and have an alcohol-ish (is that a word) scent so he lets me choose for him.

For myself:
    Idolé by Armani
    Coco Mademoiselle by Chanel
    Black XS by Paco Rabane
    Daisy by Mark Jacobs
    Juicy by Juicy Couture
    Anything by Jo Malone, her scents are almost delicious.
    Cerutti 1881 by Cerutti

For my DH:
    Code by Armani
    Noble Leather by Yves Saint Laurent
    CK1 by Calvin Klein

Mama to Amelie Clara (2008) & Daisy Madeline (2013).

Alice Tallulah, Polly Matilda, Rosalie Faye, Lucy Annabel, Maya Lillian, Hazel Kate, Eva Blossom, Juliet Lila, Ivy Camille.
    Charles Joshua "Charlie", Theodore Samuel "Teddy", Elliott Daniel, Noah Zachary, James Oscar, Arthur Philip, Rowan Isaac.