Names Searched Right Now:

View Poll Results: Which is your favorite?

Voters
88. You may not vote on this poll
  • Seamus Maybick

32 36.36%
  • Ewan Maybick

31 35.23%
  • Colin Maybick

25 28.41%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    This was incredibly hard because I love both Seamus and Ewan. I ultimately ended up going with Ewan because I think it sounds better with Maybick.
    Ingrid Genevieve | Evanna Yvaine | Winifred Delphine | Saoirse Elaine
    Astra Gillian | Rose Morgana | Irene Lourdes | Danae Andromeda

Damian Orion | Simon Cornelius | Gareth Evan | William Thierry
    Edmund Abraham | Wendell Eleazar | Shepherd Phoenix

Seamus. Hands down. If I had an Irish surname, this would have been my top pick.

As for pronunciation, I assure you that the name is worth it. I was an aide to a little boy by the name, and people only ever had to be told his name once. It was memorable, and I think that there is a frame of reference for pronunciation via the familiar Sean.

ETA: I live in the Midwest, so it's not like we're the height of cultural awareness here, but very few people pronounced it wrong, even reading it for the first time. Also, consider that most people just ask how to pronounce a name these days, rather than butcher it. People are used to it, with all the deliberate misspellings, obscure, and/or names from other cultures.
    Last edited by tk.; October 5th, 2013 at 11:49 AM.
    Tara, proud mama to a Honey Badger
    ... and a Badger in Training

I think you should go with Seamus because you both love it.
    Theodore Arthur

Thanks, everyone. We really do like Seamus!

I voted for Ewan but honestly, I love all 3. Colin and Seamus are both quite common where I live so I am used to them. I am hearing people use Ewan a bit more but just love it. You can't lose w/ any, all really great choices! I wouldn't let the pronunciation issues turn you off..Seamus is not that bad. Once you told people once, they'd get it.
    Mom to Mhairi Elizabeth (March 19, 2010) & Fiona Lilidh (Dec 21, 2012) Baby #3 Due March 2014