Names Searched Right Now:

View Poll Results: Which is your favorite?

Voters
88. You may not vote on this poll
  • Seamus Maybick

32 36.36%
  • Ewan Maybick

31 35.23%
  • Colin Maybick

25 28.41%
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Celtic Names Poll

Hello,

DH and I are bouncing around a few names, and these three keep rising to the top. Our son is due 12.31.13, and I'd really love to have a name picked out soon!

We both favor Seamus, but I'm kind of scared about negative feedback and pronunciation issues.

FYI - our last name (kind of) sounds like Maybick.

Thanks for your vote/comments!

I love Colin! I couldn't see myself using it, but for someone else it's just lovely. I do like Seamus, but I would be worried about the pronunciation issues because most likely people won't know that it is pronounced Shay -mus not Sea-mus. Hamish another name that has that problem.

Some suggesitons:
    Aidan
    Kellan
    Dillon
    Kiernan
    Fionn
    Ronan
    Brennan
    Tadhg
    Callum
    Dany (Also known as Athena Danielle)
    Could you please check out these threads? I'll return the favor.
    Link Link Link

Rosemary Gloria ~ Lilith Seraphine ~ Elisabeth Mattye(Elsa)
    Alaric Matthew ~ Henry Marcel ~ Elijah Conrad

I love Seamus! Yes, you are going to have to help some people with pronunciation, but it is a name that could well be worth the trouble. I also think it is going to pick steam soon (but not rise to stunning popularity), so I think you might regret not using it when other do so successfully. I think it will take over when Sean left off, and surprising though it may seem, I have met Seans who said they had to help people through spelling/pronunciation issues.

I voted for Colin, but seamus was a close second. I think if you're really worried about pronunciation I'd go with Colin. It's a really handsome name. I think you'd have more people familiar with seamus than Ewan. I've come across Ewan many times and STILL have to remind myself 'you-in' not 'eww-an/eee-wahn'

1 Ewan - A rare Celtic gem
    2 Colin - distinguished
    3 Seamus - I don't like the back-to-back "Shay-May" sounds
    All the best,
    Mischa.