Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    I don't think Aeropostale/Aerie is as popular in Canada and the US anymore, and Aerie was never as common as Aero, so if you live there I don't think too many people will associate it with your baby's nickname. I do, however, prefer Ariella to Aeriella and I think Aerie works just fine with both.
    ~Izzy, looking for a new nickname
    Currently Loving: Romilly, Esme, Piper, Helia, Scout..Rhett, Colin, Rhys, Adrian, Jonah

Ariella is pretty! Arie is cute, too I've never even heard of that store! I guess we don't have them here. Aerialla is an odd spelling to me. The name is already very different so try to making the spelling simple. Good luck!
    Mother to two year old Bryce Ryker

Quote Originally Posted by rkrd View Post
    I'd use Arie as the nn, and I prefer Arielle. Aerie is where I buy sweatshirts.
    I think this is the best way to go. Arie is said the same and looks like the proper nn for Ariella, which is a gorgeous name by the way. I buy underwear at Aerie, but that wouldn't stop me from using Aerie/Arie as a nn.
    http://www.onceuponatimebabynames.com/
    http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9772380 (please vote!)

Due December 13, 2014 (12/13/14) It's a boy!
    Castalia, Ailova, Vasilisa, Indrina, Rosmira, Calluna, Faustine, Hildana, Selenia, Alianora, Fruzsina
    ... Alaric, Alistair, Stellan, Rainer, Evander, Caspian, Rhydian, Howell, Gustav, Theron, Onder, Sander

This is just not the style of name that I like. I would rather see:

Athena
    Allegra

I understand what you mean.... you don't want people calling her "AR-ie"... I, too, LOVE the nickname Aerie. Here's an idea... One of my friends has a one year old whose name is Eriana. She spelled it this way because her name is Erica. Eriana is pronounces Aerie-ana. Have you considered Eriella? Or using Eri for another name? You won't have the store association as much, and you still get the same sound. Just an idea. Good luck!