Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

On the fence with my favorite girl name....

We just found out that we are expecting our second child. I am still clueless about what I would choose for a boy, but I have a girls name in mind. I'm having a hard time deciding whether I absolutely want to use this name, I've become suddenly obsessed with it recently.

Our first son's name is Ryder. It is a strong, distinct boy's name and I want something pretty and feminine for a girl to go with it. I love the name Ariella, but I was thinking of changing the spelling a bit to Aeriella and I absolutely love the nickname Aerie ( pronounced air-ee ).

What do all of you think about it? The main thing that is holding me back is the clothing store Aerie, the spin off of Aeropostale. I'm not sure I want my baby to always be associated with it but I just love the name and the nickname. It is light and pretty and I think very fitting for a little girl.

First thing I thought of was the clothing store Aerie. Even with that, I agree the spelling (Aerie) is pretty,
    What about keeping the spelling Ariella and using Aerie as a nickname. Most of the time you write out the full name anyways.

love the name Ryder. So cute.
    good luck!

Aeriella just seems a bit overboard. She will spend a lot of time spelling it for people, and it looks foreign/misspelled... I'd just spell it Ariella and call her Aerie, as jenevievem said...
    Emiliana Pari (or Valentina Hasti?) Debuts July 2014
    Soren Pasha, Caspian Bardia
    Camellia Seraphine, Jessamine Ara

First of all, beautiful name! Sounds great with Ryder.

I agree with above, Ariella nn Aerie is great, no need to spell it Aeriella.
    Mom to Dempsey, Jude, & Hudson
    Expecting a surprise this December

I originally read that as Aurelia, Ariella can work with names being so creative like they are today. It reminds me of Gabreiella which I think is nice. Ari & aeri give me two different sounds when reading one ar like arg & aer likw air.