Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thoughts on Zoe?

I only like the Zoe spelling - how likely is it that people are going to want to stick that Y on the end?

I'm also undecided about whether to use it as a first name next to a three letter surname - syllable count will be 2/1 but it just seems so short on paper - think of it looking like Zoe Fox.

Contemplating it as a middle if not as a first - possibly Imogen Zoe - does it work?

Anna Katherine * Lydia Ellen * Zoe Madeleine * Phoebe ___ * Imogen ___ * Emilia ___
    Samuel * Thomas * Charlie * Reuben * Oliver * George

I love Zoe Fox. Sooo cute. I'm not a fan of the name Imogen.

I love the name Zoe. I think people know this spelling well and would not assume a y.

Zoe Fox sounds fine tho it is visually stunted. I like the look of Imogen Zoe... a lot... but I find it a bit awkward sounding. Here it sounds better to me if it were one syllable.

Quote Originally Posted by essjay View Post
    I only like the Zoe spelling - how likely is it that people are going to want to stick that Y on the end?

I'm also undecided about whether to use it as a first name next to a three letter surname - syllable count will be 2/1 but it just seems so short on paper - think of it looking like Zoe Fox.

Contemplating it as a middle if not as a first - possibly Imogen Zoe - does it work?
    I was never a major fan of Zoe, but she has grown on me so much!!

Zoe is a spunky choice, with a lot of attitude. The name is just sparky and cool. However I'm not keen on the syllable count it feels a little off and looks slightly odd. Nevertheless, I do like the combination Imogen Zoe. Imogen is a pretty Shakespearean invented name it has a lot of style and feels very elegant. Imogen for me feels very upper-crust Brit and I like that style. I like how Imogen flows with Zoe the name just works and sounds very elegant. I also love the Immie nickname. Imogen Zoe just flows effortlessly.

I love Zoe so much despite its popularity--it just has so much energy and sass! I, too, only like the Zoe spelling (Zoë is also acceptable.)

I think Zoe Fox sounds very chic. Imogen Zoe flows nicely too, but I like Zoe better in the first spot. Zoe Imogen sounds great as well.
    Gwen
    College student, bookworm, terrible influence.
    Owner of a cat: Minerva "Minnie"

Current favorites:
    Belphoebe Cosima Sybella Ailsa Celia
    Prosper Finn August Malcolm Zephyr