Names Searched Right Now:

View Poll Results: How would you write the name without thinking?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Becket

3 7.14%
  • Beckett

39 92.86%
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

becket or beckett?

I'm thinking about the name Becket for a middle name. It would honour a family Rebecca and I like the religious association (St Thomas a Becket).

I'm a bit confused though that on websites it is always spelt Beckett not Becket as I would expect. Is Beckett the intuitive spelling? One of my definite rules is that I don't want any spelling problems for names (our surname provides enough!).

Is there a reason that it is listed with two t's? How would you spell it if you heard the name?

I've only seen it as Beckett because that is a pretty common surname used as a first name. Becket with one T looks weird to me.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpeacelove View Post
    I've only seen it as Beckett because that is a pretty common surname used as a first name. Becket with one T looks weird to me.
    I agree - I have always seen it spelled with two t's. It would seem odd to me not to.
    I like simple yet versatile names that work well for the athlete, the comic, the genius, and the judge.

ok thanks - I must admit the poll results blew me away! I have never met someone with the name only seen churches called Thomas a Becket. I think the name must be much more popular in America than here in Australia. I think I will keep looking - boy names are hard!

I rather like Beckett. Becket makes me think of Bucket!