Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Please help: how popular is LINCOLN?

My husband really likes the name Lincoln for our first son; I like it too but am concerned with the growing popularity of it (I grew up with an incredibly common name .... there were 7 of us in my graduating class, so I am turned off by the idea of our son having the same type of name).

I know Lincoln is common around these pages. In all honesty, how many Lincoln's have each of you come across in the "outside world"?

Thank you SO much for your help!

I love this name too and have the same concerns. Except my husband hates it, still working on him.

I only know one Lincoln in real life.

BUT I do know that Kristen Bell and Dax Sheperd just named their daughter this, so I'm concerned it will be shooting up soon because of exposure. And also about it being used a girl, but I don't think it will go to the girls.

Depending on where you live, there may or may not be another little Lincoln on the school yard. That being said, I seriously doubt Lincoln will be as common as Jack, Henry, Will, Charles, or any other name I bet will make up the majority of popular names for our kids' contemporaries.

I've met one Lincoln in my life, who is now about 8. As one person said on here, you can't predict what the next 'it' name will be. Just use what you love.

mamabear87 - I heard about Kristen and Dax too ... I agree, I have a hard time thinking this one will go to the girls.

I'm interested to see what others say! I keep hearing references, but I have yet to meet anybody who actually knows a little Linc

Well, in my daughter's preschool class there are 2 Lincolns- one boy and one girl. Before then, I had never met anyone with the name. I think it's really cute either way, honestly. A boy could claim he was named after President Lincoln which is a pretty cool association. I pick the girl Lincoln up with my daughter after school and she thinks it's cool that someone shares the same name as her because it's funny when the teacher calls "Lincoln" and they both answer, ha. I would have originally thought it was for a boy, but it suits either.
    ~The name's Zoya, but you can call me Zo
    My kiddos: Fleur Amelie (age 4), Mila Esme and Sybil Ffion (twinnies, 10 months), and expecting boy/girl twins!
    Favorites for Le Bugaboos:
    Sawyer Thames, Jonah Jude, August Henri, Poppy Beatrice, Beau Eliza, Theodora Pearl "Theo"
    Currently crushing on: Diana as a middle name