Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sylvie and Reverie?

I am pregnant with my third child and the due date is in just two weeks now! DH and I are waiting to find out the gender, but if it is a girl, her name will be Sylvie Beatrice. I've been poking around at other names lately for possible future children, and I came across Reverie. DH and I are simply enamoured with it and would love to use it for a second daughter someday. However, I'm worried that Sylvie and Reverie might sound a bit too similar as they both contain Vs and -ie endings. Do you think it would be a problem, or are Sylvie and Reverie usable for sisters? I'd love to hear your opinions on the two names as well. Thank you berries!
    Louie Matthias
    Clement Wright
    Malcolm Hugh
    Sylvie Beatrice
    Hermione Ruth
    Freya Winifred

It would be too matchy for me. I also looooove Sylvie Beatrice and am not a big fan of Reverie, but I guess if you really love it you could try to come up with something with a similar feel to Sylvie but without the -vie? However my vote would be to keep Reverie as a guilty pleasure.

Thanks to Claude Debussy, I'm in love with Reverie. I do like Sylvie too, but Reverie is so rare, elegant and beautiful. Sylvie is a safer choice (and cuter) though.

Sylvie and Reverie as sisters? Not a fan, sorry.
    Call me Cynthia, Angie, or Luna. 22. Name nerd.

Clemency | Clementine | Juliette | Helena | Isabelle | Annabelle | Evangeline | Seraphina | Rosalind | Violetta
    Vanessa | Audrey | Ariadne | Callista | Belphoebe | Bellatrix | Lyra | Valencia | Valentina | Laetitia | Cytherea
    Gavriel | Hermes | Flynn | James | Orion | Alexander | Caspian | Peregrine | Marius | Altair | Lucias
    Callum | Cadmus | Jason | Perseus | Theseus | Oliver | Éomund | Stellan | Amias

They're too matchy for me...
    Emiliana Pari Debuts July 2014
    Soren Pasha, Caspian Bardia, Raphael
    Camellia, Valentina

Too matchy for sisters, I think. Imagine calling one of their names in the house or outside...from a distance they might not be sure which one of them was called. But I LOVE Sylvie Beatrice.
    Speculative fiction writer and mother to Charles Theophilus (2.5 years), Corinna Melisande -- nicknamed Cora (13 months), and the Tiny Girl (due Feb. 2014). Lover of studious, ancient boy names and sweet, intelligent girl names with a touch of fairy-tale beauty.