• Halle Carys

17 50.00%
  • Halle Rose

17 50.00%
  • Other (post below)

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Carys vs Rose

Hmm. I struggled a bit on this. I think Halle Rose sounds better, as I think Halle Carys is a bit sing-songy, however I do adore Carys (though more as Charis) and, yes, Rose is a bit 'filler', even though it's very lovely. I did go Carys in the end.
    My furry darlings ~ Bodie the border terrier & Portia and Penny the guinea pigs

Amabel ~ Beryl ~ Bryony ~ Cecily ~ Charis ~ Clara ~ Dinah ~ Flora ~ Georgiana ~ Ophelia ~ Rosamund ~ Sylvie ~ Tabitha ~ Tamsin ~ Violet

Arthur ~ Barnaby ~ Basil ~ Bertie ~ Darcy ~ Elliot ~ Felix ~ Fraser ~ Frederick ~ Henry ~ Monty ~ Rowan ~ Rupert ~ Theodore ~ Tristan

How do you pronounce it? My favorite name is Hallie, pronounced the same as Sally but with an H sound.

I picked Halle Rose. I have never really been a fan of Carys, but I think Rose just sounds better anyway. Also, I never thought of Rose as a filler name, like Ann or Lynn, because instead of just being a blank syllable, it actually reminds me of roses. I also don't think it's a plain name at all - it's great! If you want another middle to go with India Violet (sorry if there are repeats):

Halle Magnolia
    Halle Marigold
    Halle Snow
    Halle Winter
    Halle Clove/Clover
    Halle Pearl
    Halle Silver
    Halle Azalea
    Halle Jade
    Halle Dawn/Eve/Evening (whatever time of day she is born)
    Halle November/October/December/January (whatever month she is born)

What month is baby due? What sun sign will she be born under? Do you like day of the week/time of day names? I think all of these can be meaningful and beautiful names, and Halle happens to sound great with most of them.

Ooh I like Halle Pearl too!

Rose! Hallie Carys is a little repetitive with the A sounds.
    Adelaide • Hazel • Aurora • Juno • Penelope
    Clara • Bronwen• Alice • Wendy • Felicity • Emilia • Lena • Miriam • Zelda • Anthea
    Arthur • Stanley • Henry • Caspian • Forest
    Dexter • Julian • Ezra • Maxen • Thomas • Simon • August • Bram • Leonard • Winston