Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Disney costume ideas!

Today I found out that my nieces 2nd birthday party (which is in 10 days) is a Disney themed dress up party! We haven't recived our invite and I only found out about it because I asked so I'm really short on time (and money) to organise costumes! I need some ideas for Elizabeth and Annabelle's costumes. Elizabeth is 3 and is probably going to argue with me about any costume idea as she told me she wants to be nemo. There is no way I can pull of a nemo costume in 10 days! Annabelle is (nearly) 2 and has no preference on what she wants to dress up as.

I'm not sure if my BIL and SIL are expecting adults to dress up but I will be 33weeks pregnant on the day of the party so there is no way I'm dressing up (are there even any pregnant disney characters anyway?)

Anyway I need some simple (and cheap) costume ideas!
    The 3 Princesses in my life...

Elizabeth Hope
    Annabelle Cadence
    Madeleine Pearl

I'm a preschool Sunday school teacher and babysitter of 4years and I LOVE kids , so this is my field of expertise

Most Princesses are fairly easy, just a dress or skirt of the right color and a plastic crown, maybe some fake jewelry;

- Sleeping Beauty (pink)
    - Snow White (dark blue and yellow)
    - Cinderella (light blue)
    - Belle (especially cute for AnnaBELLE )yellow
    - Ariel (this ones trickier, but for dresses I'd go with green and/or pink)
    - Tiana (green)
    - Repunzle (purple)

Another option is the classic Minnie Mouse (red skirt, black shirt or vice versa. Possibly Mickey ears, which everyone seems to have and you could surely borrow them from someone If needed. )
    Also some other random characters (with supplies needed):

-Mulan: any Chinese type robe or karate outfit, hair in bun possibly with chopsticks in it?
    -Alice in Wonderland: blue dress/blue skirt white dress/blue dress white skirt, tights, possibly black headband?
    -Simba/Nahla (lion king): this is especially easy for babies because little lion Halloween costumes for babies are so common.
    -Jessie (Toy story): Cowgirl hat, jeans, any cowgirl type shirt, braids, possibly stuffed horse?

As for the Nemo idea you could put her in orange and yellow clothes/paint an old shirt, then do a little face painting if you want, possibly add flippers, and you have a fair Nemo costume

Sorry for the novel, hope I could help!

Jules

Clara Lily, Rose Madeleine, Belle (need mn), Tessa Charlotte. Lucy, Emma, Elsa, Maggie, Lena, Lily, Leah, Lila, Ella, Aria, Annabel, Ivy, Charlotte, Elizabeth, Talia
    Seth Alexander, James (need mn), William Samuel. Luke, Caleb, Leo, Liam, Samuel, Jacob.
    Loving life, God, my family, my friends, books, writing, the ocean and volleyball!
    "The most wasted of days is one without laughter" - E. E. Cummings

Meant to say:
    For Alice in Wonderland:
    Blue dress/ blue SKIRT white shirt/ white SKIRT blue shirt.

Sorry!

Jules

Clara Lily, Rose Madeleine, Belle (need mn), Tessa Charlotte. Lucy, Emma, Elsa, Maggie, Lena, Lily, Leah, Lila, Ella, Aria, Annabel, Ivy, Charlotte, Elizabeth, Talia
    Seth Alexander, James (need mn), William Samuel. Luke, Caleb, Leo, Liam, Samuel, Jacob.
    Loving life, God, my family, my friends, books, writing, the ocean and volleyball!
    "The most wasted of days is one without laughter" - E. E. Cummings

Thanks for all the ideas! Elizabeth has now told me she want to be minnie Mouse, so that should br fairly easy! She ha the perfect skirt for it already which is great. I have to keep thinking about Annabelle's costume because she hates dresses. My husband suggested Jessie like tou did too but I think the hat would annoy her, lol.
    The 3 Princesses in my life...

Elizabeth Hope
    Annabelle Cadence
    Madeleine Pearl

Who says she has to wear a dress? Switch out pants in any of the girls costumes -- there are tons of outfits on Pinterest & Polyvore that are inspired by Disney costumes. There are also lots of Disney animals and *gasp* heroes that she could dress up as to avoid wearing a dress/skirt.

PS Jasmine wears pants.
    若兰

I'm just a third-culture girl with an affinity for names.

In loving memory of Margot