Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thoughts on Via?

I saw this in a book as a nickname for Olivia and I totally fell in love with it. I'm not sure if I would use it, but if I did, I would probably just skip Olivia and name her Via (not a big fan of nicknames). What do you guys think?

Without the context of Olivia, people might have a hard time deciding whether to call her VEE-ah or VIE-ah. Or even WEE-ah, which is how my Latin teacher pronounced the word.

It looks like a nickname, to me. Or a misspelling of Mia.

The first thing I thought of was Flavia nn Via..I guess since the emphasis isn't on Via in Olivia, I didn't make the connection.
    Amedeo Enjolras Aristotle Leonardo Archer Olivier Mischa Liam Caspian Benedict Theodore Fitzwilliam
    Rosalie Evangeline Mirabelle Ophelia Alice Elisabeth Stella Titania Artemis Cicely Margarethe Thalia Astrid

I like Via and don't see why it can't be a full name like Mia. I don't think many people would have problems with it as Mia is so popular and everyone knows how to say that.

That being said, I would prefer it as a nickname if I were using it. I'd use it for Viatrix, Elvia, Octavia, Silvia, Vivia, Zenovia (which is an alternate of Zenobia).
    Mother, Hellenic Pagan Priestess, and Resident Greek name expert ^_^ Call me Dantea or Remy

http://covertocoverediting.webs.com/ -- Editing services available for cheap.

Proud Mama to:
    Persephone Elysia Willow -- June 5th 2013
    TTC #2 by Christmas 2014

I think Via is a great alternative to getting your Starbucks coffee in the store.

Besides the instant coffee brand, you'd run into the same problem that word always has in its common usage: is it pronounced VEE-ya or VY-ah?
    Latest list:

Girl: Lulu, Eden
    Boy: Leo, Wallace, Grady

Mommy to one sweet little boy who I loved naming Lennox Andrew Michael (Lex for short)