Names Searched Right Now:

View Poll Results: Which boy name do you like best (mn August, last name starts with S)

Voters
69. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jasper

23 33.33%
  • Eli

19 27.54%
  • Abel

8 11.59%
  • Beau

12 17.39%
  • Lucas

7 10.14%
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

One week to go - would love comments / critiques of our narrowed boy's name list

Hello berries!

We have struggled with coming up for a boy's name for our first child, due next week! As of last night, DH and I have narrowed the list, but would greatly appreciate any feedback or alternative suggestions you might have. We still don't feel like anything is "IT" for first names. We think his middle name will be August.

Jasper - we both really like the name but our last name starts with S and concerned there will be too much "sssss" sound.
    Eli - we are warming to this name a lot lately
    Abel - we both like the name but I probably like it more than DH (he associates it with Jax's son on Sons of Anarchy)
    Beau - we both really like the name but DH wants to spell it BO, which I don't like by itself, so would prefer to opt for the French spelling
    Lucas - we both really like the name but again we have the last name starting with S, and also we know this is super popular compared to the other names we generally gravitate to

Thank you for any input on these or alternate suggestions that might work!

Jasper -never liked this name...it just sounds unpleasant
    Eli - Love this! Classic, strong...also consider Elias, nn Eli
    Abel -ok, but kind of boring to me
    Beau - I definitely prefer the French spelling, but it's still rather simplistic
    Lucas - Excellent name! Luke is also very strong as an alternative or nn

Suggestions: Silas, Asa, Caleb, Blaise, Ethan, Cabot, Avery

My three faves are bolded below. Do you like August enough for a first name?

Jasper - I love this spunky name with the Biblical connection. It depends on the "S" surname...some sound ok and others do not. If your surname just has one "S" then it should be fine. If it has multiple s's, not so much.
    Eli - I love this name. It's a strong name in a short three-letter package.
    Abel - I like the Blbical pedigree and the word that denotes ability.
    Beau - this has a Southern/Country & Western vibe to me. Bo IS a legitimate Scandinavian spelling but it's still strongly associated to actress Bo Derek for me.
    Lucas - not ideal with an "S" surname. Have you considered just Luke? Luke is a FULL name not just a nickname.

Other Suggestions

Aaron
    Adam
    Gideon
    Grant
    Bowen (nn Beau/Bo)
    Brennan
    Quentin
    Blake
    Rhett
    Dean
    Clark
    Jacoby
    Victor
    Jonah
    Wyatt
    Isaac
    Caleb
    Levi
    Milo
    Hugh/Hugo
    Jack
    Oliver
    All the best,
    Mischa.

Eli is my favorite. I like Lucas as well but not as much with the middle name August.
    Sean Michael | Sullivan John | James Patrick |
    Rose Kathleen | Annemarie Frances | Madeleine Grace |

What about Luca? It's a fab name and also gets rid of the S issue.