Names Searched Right Now:
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

re: Dr Who Post

Quote Originally Posted by linda View Post
    Any takers??
    I was thinking about doing this for my own blog, so I'm happy to give it a go. I was going to look at the names of the actors who have played the Doctor. Or would you be more interested in seeing a "review" of a selection of the characters names?

Someone please write one on Chinese names, especially what is considered feminine/masculine, pretty/dull, old/new. I've been trying to figure these things out, but have made limited progress.

It would be interesting to see a post on the urban legends like Orangejello, L-A, etc and if there are records that show real people have these names. I don't have the detective skills for this though. Mythbusters meets Nameberry!
    若兰

I'm just a third-culture girl with an affinity for names.

In loving memory of Margot

I would be interested in writing a blog about Chinese names, hopefully some of my language skills come in handy.

[E] Turns out there are a few handy articles in the databases, and no need to pay for them - thanks university!
    Last edited by sunshine kid; November 8th, 2013 at 02:04 AM.
    Ingrid | Kit | Susanna | Alistair

I love the idea of an unusual saints' names feature - there are several lists about saints' names, but perhaps a select few unusual gems complete with their stories would be a good idea for a blog post?

Blogs I'd love to see:

Chanukah baby names, perhaps in time for Thanksgivukkah? I wrote a list of nearly 30 names last year, but I'm not sure why I never sent it in.

I'd love a blog, more like a recurring segment, profiling names from each of the 50 states focusing on great place names or people of interest. I wrote a list for OK one time, full of gems like Guthrie, Adair, Henryetta, and the like. Or you could just write the same thing for France (Loire, Calais, Romilly, Bretagne) and I'd be in heaven.

How about baby name anachronisms on TV?

Names of tragic couples? Just in time for Valentine's Day (a little morbid I know). I'm thinking ... Romeo & Juliet, Heloise & Abelard, Sid & Nancy.

Last idea, what about a list of names that sound pretty but are actually used in medicine?

Cheers, Poppy
    Last edited by poppy528; November 10th, 2013 at 11:23 AM.
    “And remember, my sentimental friend, that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others.” L. Frank Baum, The Wizard of Oz