Names Searched Right Now:

View Poll Results: Pronunciaton of Everett?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • 2 syllables

22 41.51%
  • 3 syllables

31 58.49%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Definitely 3 for me. Not struggling to get there, either, it doesn't sound forced (I have to be careful to get 3 out of Catherine, and I can never get 3 out of Margaret). Though in my accent maybe it sounds a bit like Ever-it.

Don't like it with 2. Don't like Cameron with 2 either, though I keep hearing Kam-rin.

Quote Originally Posted by southern.maple View Post
    I say it with two syllables, and so do the Everetts I know. I'm in the South, if that matters.
    I second. I have heard some people introduce themselves with an almost inaudible pause between the Ehv and rett though. Even then, it's not really a sound.
    Pointing out pop culture references in your baby names since 2013.

"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad."

TTC our first.

I say it with three: EHV-er-it is the best I can explain it.
    My furry darlings ~ Bodie the border terrier & Portia and Penny the guinea pigs

Amabel ~ Beryl ~ Bryony ~ Cecily ~ Charis ~ Clara ~ Dinah ~ Flora ~ Georgiana ~ Ophelia ~ Rosamund ~ Sylvie ~ Tabitha ~ Tamsin ~ Violet

Arthur ~ Barnaby ~ Basil ~ Bertie ~ Darcy ~ Elliot ~ Felix ~ Fraser ~ Frederick ~ Henry ~ Monty ~ Rowan ~ Rupert ~ Theodore ~ Tristan

Everett is my sons middle name I voted two because I think how we pronounce it it sounds a bit more like two.

I know a man with the name Everett and he pronounces it like ev-ret, so that's how I've always pronounced it.
    Ariel, mom to Tristan Samuel born 01/04/07 & Alice Penelope born 04/15/2011 & expecting a little girl due 02/09/14