Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Impressions of Otis

What do you think of when you hear Otis? What kind of kid is Otis? Do you think its trying too hard to be cool? Thanks for your feedback!
    ~ Mama to Juniper and expecting Arlo at the end of May ~

Beautiful Firsts with Family Middles:
    ~ Callie Susannah or Celeste Susannah - Beatrice Winona "Bliss" - Clementine Maybelle "Minnie" - Lula Rosalie ~

~ Zephyr Joseph Yeats - Nathaniel Arthur Miles ~

I'm honestly not a huge fan. I think of "The Adventures of Milo and Otis", so it seems like a great name for a pet to me... but not so much for a grown man. When I hear this name, I actually think of a middle aged, balding, awkward, and very submissive sort of a guy. But this is just me... If you like it, use it.
    Emiliana Pari (or Valentina Hasti?) Debuts July 2014
    Soren Pasha, Caspian Bardia
    Camellia Seraphine, Jessamine Ara

I happen to adore Otis, although I am not sure if I will ever use it because I'm a fan of nicknames & I just can't imagine people calling my son Otie. If you're ok with that, definitely use it!

Quote Originally Posted by freya55 View Post
    What do you think of when you hear Otis? What kind of kid is Otis? Do you think its trying too hard to be cool? Thanks for your feedback!
    I love Otis!

He is such a hip, intriguing, wholesome name with a cool jazzy sound. Conjuring up images of Otis Redding which is a great association. I suppose some could say your trying to hard or the name is trying to hard to be cool but I think many people can say that about certain names. One could say your trying to hard with a name like Dashiell (a nameberry favourite) but at the end of the day if you truly love Otis then go for it. It's a cool name.

For me Otis is either extremely jazzy or extremely hickster. It just depends on the guy who's wearing it. I love it though. I used it for one of my main characters, and I kind of regret that decision now.