Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Impressions of Otis

What do you think of when you hear Otis? What kind of kid is Otis? Do you think its trying too hard to be cool? Thanks for your feedback!
    ~ Mama to Juniper Elise and Arlo Edward James ~

Susannah - Celeste- Maybelle - Pearl - Callie - Eulalie - Clementine
    Another daughter: Callie Susannah Pearl

Asa - Tate - Rudy - Otis - Henry - Miles - Josiah
    Another son: Tate Henry Miles

I'm honestly not a huge fan. I think of "The Adventures of Milo and Otis", so it seems like a great name for a pet to me... but not so much for a grown man. When I hear this name, I actually think of a middle aged, balding, awkward, and very submissive sort of a guy. But this is just me... If you like it, use it.
    Emiliana Pari Debuts July 2014
    Soren Pasha, Caspian Bardia, Raphael
    Camellia, Valentina

Quote Originally Posted by tfzolghadr View Post
    I'm honestly not a huge fan. I think of "The Adventures of Milo and Otis", so it seems like a great name for a pet to me... but not so much for a grown man. When I hear this name, I actually think of a middle aged, balding, awkward, and very submissive sort of a guy. But this is just me... If you like it, use it.
    Exactly this.
    Mom to Dempsey, Jude, & Hudson
    Expecting a surprise this December

I happen to adore Otis, although I am not sure if I will ever use it because I'm a fan of nicknames & I just can't imagine people calling my son Otie. If you're ok with that, definitely use it!

Quote Originally Posted by freya55 View Post
    What do you think of when you hear Otis? What kind of kid is Otis? Do you think its trying too hard to be cool? Thanks for your feedback!
    I love Otis!

He is such a hip, intriguing, wholesome name with a cool jazzy sound. Conjuring up images of Otis Redding which is a great association. I suppose some could say your trying to hard or the name is trying to hard to be cool but I think many people can say that about certain names. One could say your trying to hard with a name like Dashiell (a nameberry favourite) but at the end of the day if you truly love Otis then go for it. It's a cool name.