Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Hi there, I am a French speaker and will likely raise my kids bi-culturally (Francophone Africa and US) so this is a subject near and dear to my heart! My absolute FAVORITE French names are:

Mireille
    Elodie
    Helene
    Amelie
    Lilou

I think all three of the above would work great in English, and are even more beautiful in French, so if you are not a Francophone, ask your partner to say these names to you out loud, and I predict you will melt, especially Mireille and Elodie!

Then there are some names that have one foot solidly in both languages (i.e. people in both countries are totally familiar with them), it's just that the pronunciation changes somewhat:
    Beatrice
    Caroline
    Charlotte
    Isabelle
    Josephine
    Madeleine
    Sophie
    Sylvie

From your list, I like Lucie and Eloise, as they work great in both languages. Claire is also one that translates well.

I love Juliette, Penelope, Lucie and Amelie they are just ridiculously cute in both french and english. I would probably not use the middle name Claire as it rhymes with your last name. Oceane and Genevieve, to my knowledge, are pronounced quite differently in both languages. Idk if that would be a problem.
    I think you can't go wrong with your list
    Good Luck!
    Polly

Ophelia "Ellie" | Penelope "Peppi" | Rose "Rosie"

August | Elliott "Otti" | Theo

My favs from your list are Odette (really underused, but quite classy), Amelie (reminds me of the film), Genevieve (fits so well in both cultures), and Eloise (so spunky!). Penelope is also ok, although I know quite a few little Penelopes.

Penelope Isla Mercier
    Amelie Cate Mercier
    Genevieve Cate Mercier
    Eloise
    Odette Ivy Mercier

Have you considered Soleil (So-lay)? I think that's a great crossover name... Also, Oriana is quite cute.
    Emiliana Pari Debuts July 2014
    Soren Pasha, Caspian Bardia, Raphael
    Camellia, Valentina

I think Ivy and Isla would be problematic in France, but all the other names are lovely. I love Claire, Penelope, and Amélie.

What about:
    Maëlle
    Violette
    Cassiopée
    Amalie
    Lucienne
    Raphaëlle
    Olivie
    Eulalie
    Elodie
    Emeline
    Isabeau
    Mathilde
    Alix
    Arabella, Thibault, Sophia, Alfred, Eleanor, Rémi, Charlotte, Achille, Olivia, Clement, Elizabeth, Frederick, Maud, Benedict, Adèle.

Mom to 5