Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

I'm totally in love with Leopold!

As some of you know (there is my thread with girls' names somewhere on the girls forum) being 10 weeks pregnant I started making lists to have enough time to become familiar with some names, check them, make some changes... you know. When it comes to boys I have serious problem. There are boys' names which are family's evergreens - we considered them expecting our first, our secound and now. They are Huxley, Atticus and Michael and Bruno. There are some news - like Melville, Beckett and Maynard (not a fan. My DH's favourite). But lately a name came and stole my heart - Leopold! I love it's retro charm, it's cool, spunky and elegant. What do you think? Is Zelda & Dashiell & Leopold a good combo? What middles (preferably scandinavian) would work? Do you have any new ideas?

All the best!
    Zelda Astrid - 21.02.2011
    Dashiell Roman Leif - 15.05.2013
    I'm expecting a GIRL in april!

I love Leopold, and it's perfect with Zelda & Dashiell I think! Finding the one that makes you all excited is a good thing.

Danish middles for mr. Hubs:
    Leopold Mikkel
    Leopold Gustav
    Leopold Villads (I met a little Villads in London a few days ago and I was so excited!)
    Leopold Aksel
    Leopold Bror (this has the added charm of meaning "brother")
    Leopold Eskild
    My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014

I love the name Leopold, my only hesitation is that King Leopold was a despotic colonizer of then-Zaire (now Democratic Republic of Congo), so if your family has any chance of spending time in Africa (I actually do have to consider this for myself because I am an international humanitarian aid worker), then I would steer clear of it. But since I doubt you're considering a move to the DRC, you don't have to worry, because it's likely that 99% of Americans (if you are American) don't know about this guy, so don't let that stop you. Leopold is a fantastic name, with great nickname potential, too! It's definitely my favorite of all the names you listed.

Leopold was short-listed in this house, but we had to forfeit because of a family naming conflict.

Leopold goes great with Dashiell and Zelda, too!

Leopold is handsome! It also sounds/looks great with Dashiell and Zelda.

Leopold Ansgar
    Leopold Bernt
    Leopold Ivar
    Leopold Rasmus
    Marko | Susanna | Kit | Rosemary