Names Searched Right Now:

View Poll Results: Which girl name do you prefer?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Elsie Mabel

17 50.00%
  • Adeline Mabel

17 50.00%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Elsie or Adeline?

Hi,

I recently posted a thread about these two baby girl names. However, I'm new to Name Berry and didn't realize that I could create a poll (thank you to giinkies for suggesting that I do this). So, in an attempt to make things easier and quicker, I thought I'd ask you all to take part in this poll.

Which name do you prefer for our baby girl, Elsie Mabel or Adeline Mabel?

FYI, our surname ends in M and is has two syllables. We have a preference for vintage names that are spelled the traditional way and are easy to pronounce.

Last edited by angiemif; October 1st, 2013 at 02:01 AM.

I voted Elsie.
    I like both names, so it was a hard choice, but Elsie a tad bit more.
    I would actually prefer full name Elsa Mabel, nn Elsie, because I would prefer a more formal name AND because Elsa is beautiful

Good luck!
    20 yr old name nerd, nanny & health and nutrition undergrad

Loving for the ladies: Harriet, Olive, Daphne and Frances
    And for the gentlemen: Peter, Charles and Beau (much harder than girls for me)

In the midst of winter, I found there was, within me, an invincible summer -Albert Camus

Even though Elsie Mabel flows better as a combo, Elsie sounds like a name that is forever stuck in childhood so I voted for Adeline which I think suits a girl of all ages of her life.
    All the best,
    Mischa.

I agree with Mischa completely, though I'd like to add - have you considered Elsa? It flows and sounds like Elsie, but will grow up with her. Plus you could use Elsie as a nickname (I know someone named Anna who goes by Annie, so it's entirely feasible).
    Amedeo Enjolras Aristotle Leonardo Archer Olivier Mischa Liam Caspian Benedict Theodore Fitzwilliam
    Rosalie Evangeline Mirabelle Ophelia Alice Elisabeth Stella Titania Artemis Cicely Margarethe Thalia Astrid

I much prefer Adeline.
    Olivia/Livia/Livy/Liv : Thessaly/Darah/Bethel : Noelle/Eve
    Benedict/Eli: Jude/Zane: Luke/Darius : Levi/Phineas/Calvin