Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Quote Originally Posted by lifewontwait89 View Post
    @basicsand: The last initial will technically be M, but as we've hyphenated, when written out it will be MC. The way they sound together is more 2-2 than 4 syllables. Some middle names with 2 syllables sound okay with it, but some just don't flow well. Trial and error I guess.

I also tend to stay away from unisex names... I've always hated my middle name for that reason and it's not even a common name for boys. One of the last names is also a common name for men, so that's another reason... Scout was a pretty rare exception and as I said, DH wasn't a fan.

And names that remind me of animals.... Names like Sorrel tend to remind me of a horse.
    S-first name + (middle name) + M...-C...? No unisex names. And you also have that list of taken S-names.

I'd also advise a middle name that didn't contain vowels (SAM, SUM, SIM, etc). With that longer syllable count for a hyphenated last name, I'd try to go for a 1-2-4 or 2-1-4 count. I'll throw in a few more:

Scarlett
    Suzette
    Sandra
    Sheila
    Sonia
    Stella
    Shannon
    Sharon
    Stacy
    Sheri
    Sophie
    * 5 easy ways to judge a baby name
    http://nameberry.com/blog/5-easy-way...ge-a-baby-name

* 21 other baby name rules worth following
    http://nameberry.com/blog/no-dumb-na...orth-following

Lately I've been liking the name Suzanna. Other S options I like include:

Serene
    Sasha
    Sage
    Signe
    Samantha
    Sabrina
    Severine

Middle name options that work with these names:

Elizabeth
    Elise
    Kendall
    Last edited by jennwarwick; October 2nd, 2013 at 01:27 AM.

@basicsand: So you see my dilemma... I'm in a sea of complications here. And after having the initials S and M, having a vowel in there is a welcome distraction, as my sisters and I can all sympathize.

@jennwarwick: I love the name Elizabeth and it goes so well with names ending in -a. But we have four or so of them already in both of our families. *sigh*

@apollonia: I think that's why my dad likes it so much, as Savannah was his suggestion.
    Last edited by lifewontwait89; October 2nd, 2013 at 01:58 AM.
    Pointing out pop culture references in your baby names since 2013.

"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad."

TTC our first.

These are my favorites from your FN list: Sophia, Scarlett, Sylvia, Sally (I also like Sally spelled as Salli to make it unique-ish).
    These are my favorites from your MN list: Grace, Anastasia, JoAnna, Delilah, Ella, Natalie, Anne, Audrey, Alice, Lee, Hope.

Sophia Hope
    Scarlett Grace
    Sylvia Lee
    Sally Anne