Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

The Smith from the Far North

I know I'm not having a boy this time, but I'm too excited about this not to share!!! And husband wasn't nearly as excited about this as I expected, so I need someone else to be, and that's where all of you come in!

I took Roo to the bookshop this morning because I needed new books, as we all do, and I wanted to get Bernard Cornwell's new The Pagan Lord (okay, not a part of the story). When I'm in a bookshop I always drift into the children's section to see if they've got some particularly beautiful books there, I'm very fond of the fairytale display. And while I was looking all the sudden I see, staring at me, a book bearing the name Wayland.
    Some of you know my fascination by this, Wayland is the great smith in English folklore. The book is so beautiful, it's got feathers and flames on the cover and the most beautiful illustrations inside to accompany such a haunting poem. So I bought the book.

Now, after you've gotten all excited for me, I need combos! I was thinking of putting him with Theoden or Romulus. These are the ones I've made myself:

Theoden Wayland Sigurd
    Theoden Osiris Wayland

Romulus Wayland Rohirrim

Middle inspiration can be found HERE
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

I don't think I can be of very much help here but I love, love, love Theoden! It reminds me a bit of Game of Thrones, and of course Lord of the Rings.
    ~Izzy, looking for a new nickname
    Currently Loving: Romilly, Esme, Piper, Helia, Scout..Rhett, Colin, Rhys, Adrian, Jonah

Oh who am I kidding, I came here first, haha. That is an exciting bookstore moment! I like him with Théoden I think, he helps to liven up some of the combos that I couldn't seem to get quite right before this. Théoden Osiris Wayland is really great. Now I've gone and said all of them out loud to myself and these are my favorites. =]

Théoden Arcas Wayland
    Théoden Brage Wayland
    Théoden Mercutio Wayland

Théoden Wayland Herne
    Théoden Wayland Lysander
    Théoden Wayland Valemon
    Dominic James~ (4)

Gabriel : Jude : Phineas : Sebastian
    Elena : Felicity : Lavender : Julia

I got a good chuckle over this. The first thing I always do when I login to NB is go through the forums and pick one or two in each board with an interesting title to read through. It's mostly how I pick which thread to read, by the title. After that, I click on my page and go through things I've commented on to respond to anything that needs responding to, friends list, and people whose thoughts I usually enjoy reading and yada yada. My point is, I laughed when I opened this, because I saw the title and didn't notice it was you, excitedly clicked on it knowing this would be a fun thread, and then saw your avatar and thought "well of course it's Ottilie, who else would it be?"

Anyway, the book sounds lovely!

I prefer Wayland with Théoden. In fact, I think it works beautifully together. Both of your combos are great. I think I have a slight preference for Théoden Wayland Sigurd, even if it feels very Norse. Théoden feels Norse to me, that lovely little Odin hiding in there. I like it.

Théoden Calidore Wayland
    Théoden Wayland Gawain (that may be a lot of n sounds in the last syllable, but I'm sort of charmed by consonance. It feels like skipping from one stone to the next.)
    Théoden Wayland Hector
    Théoden Wayland Lewis
    Théoden Wayland Lysander
    Théoden Mercutio Wayland
    Théoden Wayland Peter
    Théoden Wayland Sebastian (Again with the n sounds, sorry. I think I prefer my Gawain combo, but I had to toss Sebastian in there.)

I want to fit Heathcliff in there somehow, but it's not working.

Théoden Heathcliff Wayland ?

Also, I just noticed I have some of Amy's combos, I guess that just means they really work together.
    Considering...
    Cordelia Eilonwy Snow ● Evadne Undomiel Snow ● Isabeau Sophronia Blanche ● Lorelei Nimue Ondine
    Pandora Vivienne Swan ● Thisbe Octavia Wildrose ● Thora Ilythia Swan

●●● ●●● ●●●
    Caspian Ithuriel Wilder ● Damian Rainer Sparrow ● Evander Ithuriel Sol
    Gwydion Alaric Hart ● Malachi Tristan Bjorn ● Phineas Robin Blaise ● Theodore Peregrine Llyr

our furbabies: Sebastian & Oleander

Thanks my lovelies!

Chica; Theoden is fabulous isn't it?!

Amy; It was exciting!! I love so many of your combos, especially Theoden Mercutio Wayland, Theoden Brage Wayland and Theoden Wayland Lysander!

Fey; haha, glad you got a good chuckle! I love me a nice title... Theoden feels very Norse to me too, and Rohan in LOTR is very Viking-ish. Theoden Wayland Gawain is gorgeous, I don't mind the -n's, I didn't notice it until I read your comment! I also really like Theoden Heathcliff Wayland and Theoden Calidore Wayland, and the ones I already commented on with Amy.
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]