Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Names for nickname 'Odile'

I want to use 'Odile' for nickname and I like the name 'Odelia'. Odile for Odelia...perfect, I thought. But I got to know that many people think Odelia is 'odd' and 'ugly'. I cannot understand. Isn't it pretty? Anyway...so any other good full name for nickname Odile? And secondly I thought Odile short for 'Cordelia'. Is it Ok? Give me some idea.

I think Cordelia works, and Odelia isn't a bad choice.

Lets see......

Daffodil
    Odeline
    Odelet
    Odelina
    Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. ~George Eliot

Odile works for Cordelia. Cordelia is such a beautiful name. One of my favorites but I would be afraid of Cordi.

Odile is a legitimate French name all on its own--I don't feel like it needs to be a nn for something. I think Odelia and Cordelia are great longer versions if you feel like you need one. I feel Odelia nn Odile makes more sense. Personally, I would just do Odile with a frilly MN (like Odile Serafina! Or Odile Florentina!), but any of your options are nice, imo.

Good luck!

Honestly I find Odelia gorgeous, and it's far prettier than Cordelia (or Odile, for that matter)

If you love it, use it. And she wouldn't seem out of place anyway - she'd fit in perfectly with all the little Amelias/Olivias/Sophias.
    close to my heart ★ Billie Cordelia - Jemima Eithne - May Margaret - Estella Agnes - Eilidh Jessamine - Virginia Eseld - Imogen Kintyre
    Rufus Kielder - Emmett Jack - Alec Huw - Wilfred Nichol - Harrison Tadhg - Robert Fox - Wes Oberon - George/Georgie Sioda

olivia, sixteen; ''somewhat of an enigma'' (http://bigsistercomplex.tumblr.com/)