Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Names for nickname 'Odile'

I want to use 'Odile' for nickname and I like the name 'Odelia'. Odile for Odelia...perfect, I thought. But I got to know that many people think Odelia is 'odd' and 'ugly'. I cannot understand. Isn't it pretty? Anyway...so any other good full name for nickname Odile? And secondly I thought Odile short for 'Cordelia'. Is it Ok? Give me some idea.

I think Cordelia works, and Odelia isn't a bad choice.

Lets see......

Daffodil
    Odeline
    Odelet
    Odelina
    Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. ~George Eliot

Odile works for Cordelia. Cordelia is such a beautiful name. One of my favorites but I would be afraid of Cordi.

Odile is a legitimate French name all on its own--I don't feel like it needs to be a nn for something. I think Odelia and Cordelia are great longer versions if you feel like you need one. I feel Odelia nn Odile makes more sense. Personally, I would just do Odile with a frilly MN (like Odile Serafina! Or Odile Florentina!), but any of your options are nice, imo.

Good luck!

Honestly I find Odelia gorgeous, and it's far prettier than Cordelia (or Odile, for that matter)

If you love it, use it. And she wouldn't seem out of place anyway - she'd fit in perfectly with all the little Amelias/Olivias/Sophias.
    close to my heart ★ Billie Cordelia - Jemima Eilidh - May Margaret - Estella Agnes - Jessamine Martha
    Emmett Jack - Alec Huw - Wilfred Nicholas - Rufus Kielder - Harrison Tadhg - Robert Fox - Wes Oberon

unusable-beautiful; Virginia Eseld & Dolores Eithne . ''She was Lo, plain Lo, in the morning, standing four feet ten in one sock. She was Lola in slacks. She was Dolly at school. She was Dolores on the dotted line'. 'olivia; ''somewhat of an enigma'' (http://bigsistercomplex.tumblr.com/)