Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Its entertaining even though I want to slap the parents. There are two year olds getting spray tans god how are they expected to love themselves if there parents are telling them they aren't pretty enough.
    ☆Isobel★Eloise☆Matilda★Alice☆Eleanor★ Amelia☆ Elena★Mirabel☆ Felicity★Phoebe ☆Eilidh ★Rosalia☆Roisin★Azalea☆Elsa★Arabella☆ Genevieve★Elodie☆Ruby★Charlotte☆
    ★☆★
    ☆Eamon★Tiago☆Cooper★Jack☆Jago★Flynn☆ Archer★Lincoln☆Asher★Alfie☆Taylor★Baxter ☆Finnian★Lawson☆Jasper★Lewis ★Oscar☆Fletcher★Caspian☆Miller★
    babynameobsessed.worpress.com

I catch it from time to time when nothing else is on. I find it very entertaining just to see what kind of crazy parents or crazy pageant theme they have going on this week. But some times it does make me angry how those parents act. Like their children are nothing more than little dolls for them to dress up. I also see a lot of little girls on this show who are really unpleasant, which makes me uncomfortable. What ever happened to sweet little girls? I feel like these parents are raising the next generation of "mean girls" who are obsessed with being pretty and winning and think their better than you because they are "beauty queens".
    Violet Gray
    Sad name-obsessed teenager and aspiring writer

Current Name Crushes: August, Avery, & Flynn: Eliza, Georgiana & Dahlia

Quote Originally Posted by violetgray View Post
    I find it very entertaining just to see what kind of crazy parents or crazy pageant theme they have going on this week. But some times it does make me angry how those parents act. Like their children are nothing more than little dolls for them to dress up. I also see a lot of little girls on this show who are really unpleasant, which makes me uncomfortable. What ever happened to sweet little girls? I feel like these parents are raising the next generation of "mean girls" who are obsessed with being pretty and winning and think their better than you because they are "beauty queens".
    I agree with all this .
    Vasiliki ,
    Maeve ~ Persephone ~ Ophelia ~ Rosalind ~ Eleanor ~ Silver ~ Psyche ~ Belladona ~ Calista ~ Raven ~ Winter ~ Imogen ~ Glass ~ Nevermore ~ Remember
    Alaric ~ Amadeus ~ Grey ~ Wolf ~ Damien ~ Dorian ~ Perseus ~ Salem ~ Viktor ~ Edgar ~ Thorn ~ Gideon ~ Lucian ~ Constantine

I think that show (most "reality" shows, honestly) is like a train wreck; it's terrible, but you can't look away. I've only seen if a few times (we don't have cable at our house), and while I was entertained by it, I was also horrified. I imagine they show "the worst of the worst" on TV for the shock value (and some of them probably even "play up" their craziness to get on the show), but I still just can't understand why anyone would think that was a good lifestyle for a young girl. I think it promotes all the wrong values, even if you aren't an overbearing "stage mom" and in it for all the wrong reasons. It's still about vanity and having people judge you based solely on your appearance (which is mostly artificial, anyway, with all the fake teeth, spray-on tans, and hair extensions). I don't know why anyone would want their precious baby girl subjected to that.
    Mommy to...Maura Lucille

I had a baby today, I would name him/her...
    Patrick Donley or Brigid ???

BOYS: Seamus Arthur or Niall/Neil/Neal James
    GIRLS: ???

Of course all the horrible stuff is horrible
    -flippers for little girls who are very naturally losing their teeth (I think it's kind of adorable when little kids have that gap, it's a part of childhood)
    -spray tans and crazy makeup and wigs for beautiful little kids (or even not so beautiful kids who are made to look like Dolly Parton by all the crap)
    -competitive parents who get upset with their small children when they aren't able to wake up super early, be prodded for hours, and then perform like a trained bear in front of 20 people who are waiting for them to screw up (I wouldn't be able to do that! and some of the parents act like their children are misbehaving terribly if they can't)
    -the attitude fostered in these girls by their training: that getting positive attention is based not only on appearance but on acting in the perfect way and being super charismatic and high energy -- and outdoing those around you
    -the ridiculous amounts of time and money these parents poor into something so superficial and for which they get NOTHING except for possibly a giant trophy as a souvenir of how epically foolish you were in spending your money and your kid's childhood. (and for one a few bucks)

I'm always floored by how few people are in the room. They go to a monumental amount of trouble and the only people there are the parents of the other children. It's like an elementary school talent show with 100x's the waste! Seriously, it's like hiring Paula Abdul to choreograph your 5 year olds talent show dance (but even more crazy!)

I agree with the thatkathryngirl that a lot of them likely play up the crazy so that they can get on the show---probably the only way to get any money out of the whole ridiculous process.
    Olivia/Livia/Livy/Liv : Thessaly/Darah/Bethel : Noelle/Eve
    Benedict/Eli: Jude/Zane: Luke/Darius : Levi/Phineas/Calvin