Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Critique my boys list!

Like my girls list (http://nameberry.com/nametalk/thread...vorites-please!), I've decided to do a boys list as well. Again, I am not pregnant and I am not trying anytime soon, just planning. Here are a few of my favorite boys names which run from classics to nature names to biblical choices.

Elijah- I've always leaned toward vowel-heavy names and I think that's one of the things that attracts me to Elijah. I like the way it rolls off of your tongue. The meaning is great and so is Eli.

Jack- I've always loved this name, I think it works for all ages and most personalities. It's so classic and just one of my all time favorites.

Grant- He's so handsome and gives me some of the same feelings as Jack, just not as widely used. I feel like he's still somewhat undiscovered which makes me love him even more.

Gabriel- I love this and the nickname Gabe. It's soft and somewhat sensitive but still clearly masculine.

Other names I like but don't love for certain reasons-
    Bear- Too strange for a real human, and I don't particularly like Orson/Teddy,etc.
    Boden- I actually got this from the fashion magazine, but it does sound a little too feminine.

Thanks for any feedback!

Elijah - has a bit of an awkward, jerky way of saying things, but it's more of a taste thing. In my opinion, there are cooler names on here.
    Jack - I love this name a lot, particularly since one of my favorite literary figures bears this name, but it does have some similarities to unfortunate slang words.
    Grant - has always reminded me of the word "grunt."
    Gabriel - I love the name Gabriel! It's been a favorite of mine for years. I'm not as big a fan of the nickname Gabe, though.
    Bear - It seems odd to me to name a human child an animal name. It'd be like naming a pet dog Squirrel.
    Boden - Not sure how to pronounce this one. Baw-din? Boh-den?
    Amedeo Enjolras Aristotle Leonardo Archer Olivier Mischa Liam Caspian Benedict Theodore Fitzwilliam
    Rosalie Evangeline Mirabelle Ophelia Alice Elisabeth Stella Titania Artemis Cicely Margarethe Thalia Astrid

Love Elijah, Jack and Gabriel...just adopted a cat that looks like a black bear cub and named him Bear.

Boden is said [bow (as in bow-tie)- den]

Elijah, Jack and Gabriel are handsome and classic, I love them all though Gabriel is my favorite.
    ☂nana [24]☂
    mama to pit bulls [z&m]
    ttc ; fiona kathleen, sinead frances or finnegan michael, sullivan james