Names Searched Right Now:

View Poll Results: Best sister for Annora "Annie"?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Verity "Vee"

6 12.77%
  • Juliet "Jules"

10 21.28%
  • Josephine "Sephie"

4 8.51%
  • Mirabel "Mira"

9 19.15%
  • Daphne

2 4.26%
  • Gwendolen "Gwen"

7 14.89%
  • Zelda

3 6.38%
  • Constance "Connie"

2 4.26%
  • Delia

1 2.13%
  • Guinevere "Gwen"

3 6.38%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    I love Juliet with Annora. I think Jules and Annie are darling together and definitely sound like sisters.
    Sean Michael | Sullivan John | James Patrick |
    Rose Kathleen | Annemarie Frances | Madeleine Grace |

Annora Mary Hazel and Edmund Henry Hugh are lovely! I think if they're in honour of someone you could get away with using Rosemary even if you have Mary as a middle name. I wouldn't use Hugh twice though.

Verity- I love Verity! Classic and vintage and spunky. I don't think you really need a nickname but if you want one, what about Rita? And nicknames don't have to be based off the name either, especially when they're young- it can be based on personality traits like Sunny if she's always smiling.

Juliet- it's quite "pretty" and romantic, but I love it. I think it goes wonderfully with Annora. Nicknames could be Julie, Lili (lee-lee), Etta

Josephine- no, the letters "sephi" are right in the name! not my favourite on the list though

Constance- as long as she doesn't have the same middle initial(s) I think you're okay. I've heard people say it can be confusing with mail but I actually rarely see mail with just initials- and besides things like bills which she won't be getting for years, how much mail do people really get these days? I love Constance with Annora or Edmund.

Zelda- I actually think Annora and Zelda could work. Edmund and Zelda not so much, but if you had other kids- e.g. Edmund, Zelda and Juliet- it might.

Mirabel- this is the name of a large-ish airport in my country so I find it a bit odd as a name, but it sounds pretty

Daphne- I find the consonant cluster awfully grating, sorry

Delia- I think of Delia Smith, but that's probably just because I read The Telegraph all the time! It's feminine and pretty, unique but still wearable.

Vivien- I think of Vivien Leigh so it seems like a very dramatic name to me

Gwendolen/Guinevere- either could have the nickname Gwen. I like Guinevere better because it has so much history and the Arthurian legends are a lovely connection
    ~Love names, literature, royals and horses~ <3

Favourite names:
    Girls: Azalea, Cordelia, Elizabeth, Rosalind, Portia, Felicity, Juliet, Scarlett
    Boys: Fitzwilliam, Sebastian, Percival, Prospero, Orlando, Darcy

Juliet is one of my current favs. I've always liked it, but I'm a child of the 70s & every other girl was named Julie. Best for me to not pick a similar name! Also adore Vivienne (this spelling) with the nn Viva rather than Vivi. Verity is also a pretty name & could be shortened to Vee, V or Very. Quite like Very as a name.

Not keen on the others & can't understand why ugly (IMHO) old fashioned names are making a comeback? There are some beautiful old lady/man names & then there's Daphne & Gwendoline - Awful

Mirabel, Gwendolyn, and Juliet are perfect with Annora!

Verity - Verity is an interesting name, but I don't feel that it fits in with your sibset names. As for the nickname problem, it shouldn't be forced. I know a girl whose parents tried to force a strict Veronica-no-nickname policy for years, but she insists upon V. I happen to like Vera as a nickname for Verity, however.
    Juliet - Juliet is a gorgeous name, but it is pretty feminine. Nickname Jet has that steely vibe you're looking for.

Josephine - Very "blah" to me next to Annora and Edmund.

Constance "Connie" - Yuck to both of them. Such a stiff, whiny, Colonial vibe.

Zelda - Interesting, but I'm afraid most people would associate it solely with the video game.

Mirabel "Mira/Miri" - Absolutely perfect! I adore it with Annora and Edmund, and nickname Miri couldn't be better.
    Daphne - Nice. Daphne & Annora sound good together.
    Delia "Dilly" - Dilly reminds me of pickles.
    Vivien "Vivi" - Meh.
    Gwendolen "Gwen" or even Guinevere "Gwen" - Gwendolen and Annora and Edmund sound nice. Gwen is meh.
    Amedeo Enjolras Aristotle Leonardo Archer Olivier Mischa Liam Caspian Benedict Theodore Fitzwilliam
    Rosalie Evangeline Mirabelle Ophelia Alice Elisabeth Stella Titania Artemis Cicely Margarethe Thalia Astrid