View Poll Results: Jude or Frederick?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jude

31 45.59%
  • Frederick

37 54.41%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Frederick goes better with Arthur. Jude is becoming massively trendy in the UK which is putting me off the name. I do however think its a superb name.

Touch call, as it really depends on the combo. With Arthur on its own, I feel like Frederick matches better. But I prefer Jude as a name, and I think you could come up with good combo to make the pair feel balanced. I think I remember you nixed Sebastian, but I think Jude Sebastian Leo would make a nice name. Of course if you paired Frederick with shorter names, like Frederick Ansel Jude, that would work too. Hmmm....

I've been out of town but I tracked down the latest! Now HOW am I supposed to choose between Jude and Frederick?? I think both are great names in their own way, and both work with Arthur, though in unique ways. Arthur and Frederick sound like classic, buttoned-up boys with an inevitable ornery streak hiding away somewhere. Arthur and Jude are more trendy and debonair, up-to-date young men who have all the girls swooning! If I MUST nitpick, I'll just point out that Frederick Wright has 3 R's in the combination. Also, there is something appealing about 1-1 syllable names that makes them so outstanding and strong: Jude Wright. I like it. Okay, I think I talked myself into voting for Jude. But honestly, I think this is a personal taste thing and either one could be wonderful!
    My March arrival:
    Dulcinea Tesla
    We call her Daisy
    in honor of my mom.

Thankyou so much for all of your feedback and votes. Because of the RRR thing, I sort of think Jude would be better, but I'm not digging the 1-1 syllable thing. I think Frederick works better with Arthur too, so I'm not sure! :/
    Mummy to two little princes born 16/1/14
    A: Arthur Florian Edward Wright
    B: Frederick "Freddie" Robin Jude Wright

Baby number three expected to land in April 2015!

Phineas † Henry † Leo † Sebastian † Jasper † Conrad † Hugh † Theo † Jay † Tobias † Charlie † Isaac*
    Lyra ‡ Florence ‡ Hermione ‡ Eleanor ‡ Isla ‡ Martha ‡ Emelia ‡ Beatrice ‡ Eliza ‡ Esther ‡ Susannah*

*See my whole lists here: Boys, Girls

I have to vote for Jude of course! I love Jude and Arthur together. I love the 1-1 of Jude Wright. Honestly, both are really lovely names though. I am obviously partial to Jude:-)
    Mom to Jude Robert (June 2012)
    BFP 2/14/14 - EDD 10/27/14

Current Favorites
    XX : Amelie Eloise Georgia Lulu Petal Rosie Valentine Waverly
    XY: Atticus August Clark Ellis Harvey Lincoln Leo Louis Patrick Ray