Names Searched Right Now:

View Poll Results: Pronunciaton of Everett?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • 2 syllables

22 41.51%
  • 3 syllables

31 58.49%
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Pronunciation of Everett

This name has been on and off my radar for awhile now, and I just got thinking that this name could easily be said with two or three syllables. So I'm wondering how everyone here says it? Curious if I named a son Everett if he'd always have to correct people! Also, what are your overall thoughts on the name? Opinions on the nickname Rett? Thanks!

It's not quite one or the other. So 2.5? But I think technically 3.

I agree, I think it's technically 3, but most will run the first 2 together making it sound more like 2. Ev-uh-rhett becoming Evh-rhett
    Olivia/Livia/Livy/Liv : Thessaly/Darah/Bethel : Noelle/Eve
    Benedict/Eli: Jude/Zane: Luke/Darius : Levi/Phineas/Calvin

I say it with two syllables, and so do the Everetts I know. I'm in the South, if that matters.

I say it with two syllables, as well. MAYBE almost two and a half, but it's not even that pronounced. I wouldn't have a cow if people said ev-er-ett, but that just seems like too much effort, like my mouth is trying to add an extra syllable to it. I feel the same way with Charles being pronounced CHAH-ruhls. It's Charles. One syllable. Maybe one and a half. And Graham. No matter how much I love everything British, I can't get my tongue to say GRAY-um. It's Gram.
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle Aurora Grace | Caleb Elias Joseph | Arianne Eleanor Daisy | Everett Joshua Charles
    Olivia Wren Camille | Jack August Wilder | Violet Ophelia Claire | Avery Ian George