Names Searched Right Now:
Page 8 of 34 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast
    I want to preface this with my love for so many of these names. However, a few of them jumped out as being the perfect combination of magical and feminine yet fierce and independently strong.
    Titania - The epitome of regal fancy. What could be better than a fairy queen - especially one with such a gorgeous name!
    Lysistrata - Such a stand out name - I rooted for it when you mentioned it a few months ago. She says to me, "Yeah, my sister might be the all powerful goddess of love and beauty, but I'm Lysistrata and hear me roar!"
    Morgana - The name is just stunning and imparts a fabulous aura of mystery...I don't have to tell you that
    Hespera - The most wispy of the bunch, maybe, but there's an understated glory under that gauzy charm!
    Proserpina - I feel like some may feel this is too ultra-feminine, but I disagree. She's a beautiful and powerful Roman force!
    Fiammetta - A fireball of beauty. Need I say more?
    Bellicent - This feels so elegant to me for some reason. She's a warrior always dressed in the most fashionable of armor.

Like I said, I love so many of the others on your list, but they there's something that's keeping me from seeing them as a first name. In the middle spot, I would love tCirce, Marzanna, Melusine, Belphoebe, Melpomene, Mellonia, Vanadis,... ok, maybe it's pointless to write this sentence, as I could go on and on until I've listed nearly all of them! Anyway, Titania, Lysistrata, and Morgana are my solid top three.
    Last edited by raptreverie; September 30th, 2013 at 01:18 AM. Reason: clarity
    Loving right now:
    Eulalie Catharina, Beatrix Eveline, Cecily Morgana
    Ivo Marius, Euan Casper, Remy Nathaneal, Crispin Adair

I know a Tinuviel! it's my favorite of the names on your list, and I think it goes well with Aphrodite. Tinuviel and Aphrodite each evoke a different kind of magic!

If I were you, I wouldn't choose Circe because it is so much shorter than Aphrodite and doesn't have the grand sound of your other choices.
    Last edited by niiskuneiti; September 30th, 2013 at 01:37 AM.
    New momma to twin boys!

Arlo Sebastian & Ezra Valentine
    Born 1/1/2014

I haven't chimed in yet because I haven't been feeling very inspired or creative the last few days (stressful ickies in my life), so my quick and dirty comment is that while I'm obviously biased towards Pandora because it's one of my very favorites, I really think Pandora is the perfect name for this baby, unless she ends up being your Morgana. I could absolutely imagine a trio of girls named Aphrodite, Pandora and Morgana. With brothers Casimir, Endymion, Galileo and Théoden. You're having 7 children, no?

I'm going to read through the last few pages now and see if I feel inspired to say any more.
    Considering...
    Annika, Artemis, Bianca, Cassandra, Catherine, Evadne, Felicity, Gwendolen, Isabeau, Isadora, Juniper,
    Lorelei, Lyra, Octavia, Pandora, Petra, Sunniva, Thisbe, Thora

●●● ●●● ●●●
    Caspian, Conrad, Damian, Desmond, Evander, Everett, Ezra, Griffin, Gwydion, Malachi,
    Peregrine, Phineas, Theodore

click for my name lists
    our furbabies: Sebastian and Oleander

What goes best with Aphrodite:

Callisto
    Lorelei
    Hespera

Love a lot of the names on your list, but I just feel these three go great with Aphrodite!
    aurora- autumn- ashwyn- bambi- bernadette- calliope- emmalou- henriette- indigo- ione- january- lark- leela- llewellyn- lydia- marnie- molly- narnia- noelle- oralee- penelope- philomena- rain- raven- roxy- ruby- snow- tessa- thora- waverly- willow- winter- wren- zoe | abel- aesop- angus- banjo- bartholomew- bear- bruce- burkley- darwin- elliot- finn- flynn- foster- henry- indigo - knox - laszlo - lyle - navy - nemo - noah - otis - oakley - rainn - thatcher - thomas - thompson - titus - zen

Bellicent (BEL-ee-sent) - pretty. I don't know why but I'm thinking about armor..
    Belphoebe (bel-FEE-bee) - lovely Belphoebe. Silver moon, lake, and dark forest. I prefer this for summer baby though.
    Callisto (kuh-LIS-toe) - I have Callista on my list but I adore Callisto for you.
    Circe (SUR-see) - prefer this as a mn. Not a fan of Circe story (enlighten me, maybe?) but I guess I can see the appeal.
    Eimyrja (AY-moor-ya) - perfect.
    Eurydice (yoo-RI-duh-see) - blue/green, cliff and sea nymphs.
    Fiammetta (fee-ah-may-tah) - red flame. I love this.
    Hespera (HES-puh-rah) - evening nymph, just like the way you describe it last year.
    Iphigenia (if-i-jen-AY-uh) - I like it.
    Lorelei (lawr-eh-lei) - neutral. It seems so different with your other choices though..
    Lysistrata (lih-sih-STRAH-tuh) - first time I heard this one. Pretty but too much. A bit mouthful too.
    Mardoll/Mardolla (mahr-doll(uh)) - DOLL?? I can only see the word doll.. dislike.
    Marzanna (mahr-ZAH-nuh) - dislike, sorry.
    Mellonia (mel-LON-ee-ah) - what's the story behind this name? I'm thinking about Melody and Melancholia.
    Melpomene (mel-PO-muh-nee) - spring name for me. A fairy behind a tree.
    Melusine (mel-oo-SEEN) - I'm thinking about mermaid and cliff.
    Morgana (mawr-GAH-nuh) - I know you love this. Dark purple. A beautiful sorceress with long dark hair (almost black) in a forest hidden by fog.
    Nausicaa (nawz-i-KAY-uh) - sounds like a music to me.
    Niniane (nin-i-AH-nuh) - a little girl (blond one?) plays with animals and little fairies (Tinkerbell's size), barefoot in a golden forest.
    Pandora (pan-DAW-ruh) - I like this for you.
    Polyhymnia (po-lee-HIM-nee-uh) - I dislike any Poly- names, sorry.
    Proserpina (pro-suhr-PEE-nuh) - Love this! Aphrodite and Proserpina sounds great together.
    Tanaquil (tan-AH-kwil) - I adore this, but more as a mn.
    Tinuviel (ti-noo-vee-el) - Oh, what can I say to my fellow LOTR fan? I prefer Galadriel myself but I like Tinuviel for you.
    Titania (ti-TAHN-ee-uh) - regal fairy queen, I guess.
    Vanadis (va-nah-deez) - love this one, but as a middle.
    Villanelle (vil-ah-nell) - same as above.
    Yvaine (ee-VAYN) - same as above.
    Last edited by c@29; September 30th, 2013 at 02:47 AM. Reason: Typo
    Call me Cynthia, Angie, or Luna. 22. Name nerd.

Clemency | Clementine | Juliette | Helena | Isabelle | Annabelle | Evangeline | Seraphina | Rosalind | Violetta
    Vanessa | Audrey | Ariadne | Callista | Belphoebe | Bellatrix | Lyra | Valencia | Valentina | Laetitia | Cytherea
    Gavriel | Hermes | Flynn | James | Orion | Alexander | Caspian | Peregrine | Marius | Altair | Lucias
    Callum | Cadmus | Jason | Perseus | Theseus | Oliver | Éomund | Stellan | Amias