Names Searched Right Now:
Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bonfireazalea View Post
    Australian berries: just curious, have you heard of the Australian band The Seekers (lead singer Judith Durham)? My favourite band ever... I know they were a huge deal in the '60s, wondering if younger people in Australia generally know who they are.
    Yes they are one of my favorite bands too, Judith has such a gorgeous voice.
    Marko | Susanna | Kit | Rosemary

Quote Originally Posted by bonfireazalea View Post
    Australian berries: just curious, have you heard of the Australian band The Seekers (lead singer Judith Durham)? My favourite band ever... I know they were a huge deal in the '60s, wondering if younger people in Australia generally know who they are.
    I've heard of The Seekers. I listen to them sometimes. I don't think a lot of younger Australians in my age group have heard them, but they may have heard of them. I'm really into music from the 50's up to to 90's, with only a small amount of the music I listen to being produced in the last decade.

~Ebony~
    ----------------------------
    Ignatius - Jasper - Hugo - Edmund - Henry - Oliver - Rupert - Felix - Percy - August - Atticus - Amias - Otto - Barnaby - Arthur - Ezra - Hector - Charles
    Antigone - Hermione - Harriet - Cordelia - Violet - Persephone - Beatrice/Beatrix - Clementine - Ottilie - Florence - Octavia - Drusilla - Agnes - Ida - Matilda - Xanthe

Previously ebonyeden

avatar is my 8th great grandmother.

Quote Originally Posted by fiammetta View Post
    I've heard of The Seekers. I listen to them sometimes. I don't think a lot of younger Australians in my age group have heard them, but they may have heard of them. I'm really into music from the 50's up to to 90's, with only a small amount of the music I listen to being produced in the last decade.
    I feel kinda bad know I bought an MP3 aged 8 to stop listening to music from the 60's to 90's, everything I listen to was released in the past year.
    〜Ebs〜
    Isobel*Eloise*Matilda*Alice*Eleanor*Amelia*Elena* Mirabel* Felicity* Phoebe*Tallaulah*Eilidh*Rosalia*Roisin*Azalea*Elsa *
    Eamon*Tiago*Cooper*Jack*Jago*Flynn*Archer*Lincoln* Asher*Alfie*Taylor* Finnian* Baxter* Lawson*Jasper*Deacon*Lewis*
    babynameobsessed.wordpress.com

I'm from Portugal — probably the only one in nameberry!

If anyone has questions about mine or other European countries I'm happy to (try and) answer!
    Bertrand -bertie-, Wilfred, Léon, Axel, Cuthbert -cubby-, Maxentius, Aubrey, Phoebus, John-Henry.
    Émilienne, Livia, Annabella -abbey-, Maud, Rosamund, Kimborough, Clemency, Elizabeth-Charlotte.

I'm originally from Hampshire in England but now live in Melbourne Australia. I'm still learning new words, mostly Aussie slang, the language here in Aus I'm finding is somewhere between English, American and then Australian words too, sometimes I get strange looks at work when I ask for something as simple as a rubber, I just can't remember to say eraser after living in the UK for 19 years. There is also the word thong for flip flops which I find funny, but I've managed to get my boyfriend to refer to potato chips as crisps, since they use chips for fries too, but someone at work feels the need to constantly correct me on every word even though they know what I am referring too.

I've also been asked if I had braces because my teeth are straight, it's always followed by you have nice teeth for a British person. Chocolate also tastes different here then it does back home and I haven't found any bourbon biscuits in the year and a half I have lived here.

Has anyone else found it takes a while to get used to another country? I thought for me that I would have already grasped the Aussie language a lot quicker than I am, being that it is part of the commonwealth and all.