Names Searched Right Now:
Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by geeknamezyo View Post
    Like C&P, I'm fascinated by UK/US linguistic differences (and HP is a great example! I read all the differences out loud to my summer camp kids on Harry's birthday this year.) One of my roommates grew up in the UK and always laments about how we don't use the "u" in color/colour or the "o" in fetus/foetus. She also uses the word "keen" a lot.
    Aww, HP on Harry's birthday. That's so sweet! Were you reading an actual British version to them? And 'keen'! I never really thought about that one but I suppose people do say it a lot here. That and "brilliant", I think. I particularly like the rude differences between us! Here, a rubber and a fag have no sexual connotations at all. On the other hand, I always laugh when Berries describe something as 'spunky'. The BE meaning is quite vulgar
    Last edited by charlieandperry1; July 26th, 2014 at 09:15 PM.

I'm from Canberra, the capital of Australia. Although I did live in the Northern Territory for a good portion of my life as well. Feel free to ask any questions as well.
    Last edited by sunshine kid; September 29th, 2013 at 09:36 PM.
    Ingrid | Kit | Susanna | Alistair

Australian berries: just curious, have you heard of the Australian band The Seekers (lead singer Judith Durham)? My favourite band ever... I know they were a huge deal in the '60s, wondering if younger people in Australia generally know who they are.
    ~Love names, literature, royals and horses~ <3

Favourite names:
    Girls: Azalea, Cordelia, Elizabeth, Rosalind, Scarlett, Portia, Felicity, Juliet
    Boys: Fitzwilliam, Sebastian, Percival, Prospero, Orlando, Darcy

@Lauren I do we needed to sing there songs in Primary school. Though I can only name one song Georgy Girl.
    ☆Isobel★Eloise☆Matilda★Alice☆Eleanor★ Amelia☆ Elena★Mirabel☆ Felicity★Phoebe ☆Eilidh ★Rosalia☆Roisin★Azalea☆Elsa★Arabella☆ Genevieve★Elodie☆Tallulah★Ruby☆
    ★☆★
    ☆Eamon★Tiago☆Cooper★Jack☆Jago★Flynn☆ Archer★Lincoln☆Asher★Alfie☆Taylor★Baxter ☆Finnian★Lawson☆Jasper★Lewis ★Oscar☆Fletcher★Caspian☆Miller★
    babynameobsessed.worpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by bonfireazalea View Post
    Australian berries: just curious, have you heard of the Australian band The Seekers (lead singer Judith Durham)? My favourite band ever... I know they were a huge deal in the '60s, wondering if younger people in Australia generally know who they are.
    Yes they are one of my favorite bands too, Judith has such a gorgeous voice.
    Ingrid | Kit | Susanna | Alistair