Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Exclamation Hesitant To Use Name Because Of Conflict: Suggestions Needed!

I'm afraid that I may have to give up my favorite name because of the potential conflict of my sister wanting to use it too. I'll post the thread for anyone who wants background info below.

The name I might end up having to ditch is my all time favorite James.

When I have a son I will be using two middle names and the second middle will be King. My favorite boy names: Michael, James & Henry,

This is my long list of names I prefer for middles:
    Elijah, Alaric, Perseus, Sebastian, Walter, Simon, Alexander, Thomas, Jeremiah, Julian, Emmett, Conrad, David, Gideon, Lucian, Malcolm and Truman

The bolded are my favorite middle names. As you can see I like a decent amount of boy names, but I am really picky with the name I like for a first name. I love them, but not enough to use in the first name spot. So here comes the challenge for you all.

Can you suggestion names that I might love enough to use in the first place?

http://nameberry.com/nametalk/thread...name?p=2082468
    Last edited by ikfly; September 29th, 2013 at 01:54 AM.
    Dany (Also known as Athena Danielle)
    Could you please check out these threads? I'll return the favor.
    Link
    Link

Rosemary Gloria ~ Lilith Seraphine ~ Elisabeth Mattye(Elsa)
    Alaric Matthew ~ Henry Marcel ~ Elijah Conrad

So much bold! :P

I read the other thread. If you're having babies first, then you get the name. It doesn't matter if she calls it or not. She doesn't own the name James. You should use it if you love it and it has meaning. You even said "She doesn't love it but she'd use it anyway." You love it and if you have a boy first, you get to use it. Simple as that. Besides, it wouldn't kill cousins of different ages with different last names to share such a common name. It's not like you both like Leonidas and both used it. That would be weird.

Anyway though, here's some you might like:

David
    Matthew
    Joseph
    William
    Geoffrey
    Edmund
    Jack
    Benjamin
    Nathan/Nathaniel
    Brendan
    Richard
    Mark
    Alexander
    Ronald
    Roland
    Lewis
    Sebastian
    Walter
    Arthur
    George
    Oliver
    Elliott
    Samuel
    Truman
    Theodore
    Edwin
    Milo
    Miles

Do you like any?
    Mother, Hellenic Pagan Priestess, and Resident Greek name expert ^_^ Call me Dantea or Remy

http://covertocoverediting.webs.com/ -- Editing services available for cheap.

Proud Mama to:
    Persephone Elysia Willow -- June 5th 2013
    TTC #2 by Christmas 2014

Quote Originally Posted by dantea View Post
    So much bold! :P

I read the other thread. If you're having babies first, then you get the name. It doesn't matter if she calls it or not. She doesn't own the name James. You should use it if you love it and it has meaning. You even said "She doesn't love it but she'd use it anyway." You love it and if you have a boy first, you get to use it. Simple as that. Besides, it wouldn't kill cousins of different ages with different last names to share such a common name. It's not like you both like Leonidas and both used it. That would be weird.

Ayway though, here's some you might like:

David
    Matthew
    Joseph
    William
    Geoffrey
    Edmund
    Jack
    Benjamin
    Nathan/Nathaniel
    Brendan
    Richard
    Mark
    Alexander
    Ronald
    Roland
    Lewis
    Sebastian
    Walter
    Arthur
    George
    Oliver
    Elliott
    Samuel
    Truman
    Theodore
    Edwin
    Milo
    Miles

Do you like any?
    Truman, Walter, Sebastian, David and Alexander are names I do love, but I'm not sure if I'd use them as a first name. I don't know I might just begin to like them as first names when I have a son. I love the nickname Teddy, but I really don't like Theodore which sucks for me.

I can't believe I forgot Oliver and Edwin. Oliver used to be on my favorites list a long time ago until I stopped liking it after I heard some negative feedback about it from family. I still love it and don't care what my family think of it anymore. I'm definitely adding that one back on my longer list. I like Arthur, but mostly because I could get the nickname Ari out of it. I like Edwin, but I can't use it due to negative connections.

By the way your daughter name is gorgeous! I wish I had the courage to use the greek names I like in the first place spot.
    How do you pronounce Elysia?
    Last edited by ikfly; September 29th, 2013 at 02:20 AM.
    Link
    Link

I saw on here once that Teddy could be a nickname for Arthur because of the bear meaning. Do you like that?

Elysia is eh-lee-see-ah. It's from Elysian as in the place in the Underworld where the blessed of the gods go in death. So Elysia means "blessed".
    Mother, Hellenic Pagan Priestess, and Resident Greek name expert ^_^ Call me Dantea or Remy

http://covertocoverediting.webs.com/ -- Editing services available for cheap.

Proud Mama to:
    Persephone Elysia Willow -- June 5th 2013
    TTC #2 by Christmas 2014

I don't want to use Arthur just to get nicknames out of it.

I have a lot of other nicknames I love along with the full names so I'm fine without some away. I hate being so picky, but at least I'll know my future children will have names I put a lot of thought into and loved.
    Link
    Link