Names Searched Right Now:
Page 13 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread: Mad Scribblers

I'm shouting out to all my NaNo people again! I passed 25,000 today! I'm super excited for myself. ^_^ How's everyone else doing?

If you want to read my NaNo story, it's in my signature. For the name nerd side of things, I introduced characters named Zosio, Delano, Puzzle, Sly, Gentry, Bodkin, and Averil recently :P
    Mother, Hellenic Pagan Priestess, and Resident Greek name expert ^_^ Call me Dantea or Remy

http://covertocoverediting.webs.com/ -- Editing services available for cheap.

Proud Mama to:
    Persephone Elysia Willow -- June 5th 2013
    TTC #2 by Christmas 2014

@periwinkleblue - Thanks for the advice! I am going to set myself the goal of writing the first 3 pages by next week (I know, it's not much but to me it's better than nothing) I'm not sure about telling my friends and family, though. I'm pretty reclusive when I write and I never want anyone to se it because it seems so personal. My parents have a vague idea that I'm writing but that's about it. Once I've finished the first draft, I'll give it to them to read. There is actually something that I would really like and so I'm not going to get it for myself until I've finished the first 10 chapters so thanks for that idea!
    I would try to have a go at NaNo, but I only found out about it a couple of days before it started and that was peak exam time for me (I had four in one week!) So my goal is to do it next year.
    One of the major problems with me getting it done is that I am a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to the actual language that I use and I have this impulsive urge to get it right the first time so I will try to tell myself to keep the flowery language to a minimum in this first draft and I will probably go much faster! I am also looking forward immensely to the school holidays so I have more time to write!
    Good luck with your NaNo novel and I hope all goes well and thanks again!
    Melody ~ Esther ~ Leona ~ Helena ~ Rowena ~ Elspeth ~ Aurora ~ Hermione ~ Elowen ~ Rose ~ Clara ~ Eleanor ~ Hazel ~ Amelie ~ Audrey ~ Romilly ~ Adele ~ Polly ~ Josephine ~ Leonora

Oliver ~ Henry ~ Arthur ~ Felix ~ Theodore ~ Marcel ~ Rowan ~ Asher ~ Caspian ~ Gideon ~ Archer ~ Charlie ~ Benedict ~ Julian ~ Tristan ~ Edward ~ Maxwell ~ August ~ Christopher

Guilty Pleasures
    Apollonia ~ Ophelia ~ Isolde ~ Calypso
    Magnus ~ River ~ Atticus ~ Dashiell

cheshirekat: Yay, I'm glad I could help! Telling people is a new thing for me too, but with NaNo it's kind of unavoidable, so I'm getting used to it. Still not letting anyone read it yet (maybe when I'm done, if I don't hate it) but this is the first time I'm actually telling people what I'm writing about. If you want to get published, you're going to have to get used to it eventually, but don't rush yourself. Writing is personal, so share when you're ready. Anyway, good luck!

dantea: I'm at nearly 47,000 words right now! It's super exciting. I want to finish the whole novel this month, which is definitely going to take me more than the standard 50,000, so I'm a bit ahead of pace. Just a bit. Haha. But congrats on hitting 25,000! I'll check out your novel
    Edmund Antonio - Lucas Alexander - Theodore August
    Eleanor Georgia - Madeleine Lorraine - Verity Rose

I agree with the idea of setting a goal for yourself. That's mainly what NaNo does, after all, whatever you are writing. It does help to keep me in line if I know I have to complete let's say a chapter in one week, or write 5,000 words by next Monday. I do miss deadlines, but at least I feel bad.

I should start rewarding myself when I accomplish a goal though, that's a pretty good one. I usually do that after exams, even if I don't know about the results, at least I took them, so I feel like I need to reward myself with something. Applying that to writing will be definitely fun, thank you periwinkleblue!

Congratulations dantea! I'm seriously behind things and I still haven't registered my progress since I resorted to longhand writing during this week. I was so busy it was practically impossible for me to sit down and write. At least I have enough ideas to keep going, that's something. I'm not complaining, but I guess I'd be lucky if I pass the 15,000 words at this point.
    Irene; Name lover in her twenties; single; Languages student by day, writer by night.

Current favorites, not in order:
    Emily - Evelyn - Hadley - Alice - Emma - Olivia - Zoey - Greta - Eden - Jezebel - Zelda - Anna - Charlotte
    Ethan - Adam - William - Peter - Harvey - Galen - Kenneth - Kieran - Theo - Zander - Daniel - Ezra - Gabriel - Blake

The National's Names List

Peculiar Italian Names for Girls

Whoa! Good job Periwinkleblue! Mine will be longer than 50,000 when the books done but I'm just hoping to actually get to 50,000 :P This is my first year so I'm excited.

Irene, it's great you have ideas and you're writing though. It doesn't matter if you win, what matters is that your putting words down. ^_^
    Mother, Hellenic Pagan Priestess, and Resident Greek name expert ^_^ Call me Dantea or Remy

http://covertocoverediting.webs.com/ -- Editing services available for cheap.

Proud Mama to:
    Persephone Elysia Willow -- June 5th 2013
    TTC #2 by Christmas 2014