Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Baby Beauregard

Baby Beauregard

I'm stuck on the name Beauregard Duc(sounds like Duke-french, family name) for our little boy, but my husband got all excited and started talking about BO Duke and the General Lee. Is it too close? Would that be a common connection? It didn't occur to me at all until he started joking about it and I really don't want people to think I named my child for a character in the Dukes of Hazzard!

Since you spelled the mn Duc I thought it was pronounced "Duck" not "Duke" so I didn't see the connection. I don't like the back-to-back d's of the combo. If the name is already a joke perhaps you should choose something else. I've always felt Beauregard is better off in the middle spot. It sounds kind of pretentious and geeky at the same time so it would be a hard name for a boy.
    All the best,
    Mischa.

I also read it as "duck". My concerns with the first name is: 1. I have no idea how it's pronounced. 2. I have no idea how to spell it. 3. Will your child have a hard time learning how to spell it?

would you call him Beau or Duke?

I automatically thought of Bo Duke.

Beauregard makes me think of the general, who was less than impressive. Is this a family name? Does it have a special meaning to you? I also think it is better for the middle name spot. Duc makes me think of ducks and duct tape. Duke does sound a bit pretentious, but also makes me think of John Wayne. So a Civil War general + John Wayne... a bit too much for me...
    Emiliana Pari (or Valentina Hasti?) Debuts July 2014
    Soren Pasha, Caspian Bardia
    Camellia Seraphine, Jessamine Ara