Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Miller Barbara

I always feel that names that have personal depth and meaning are the very best.
    Miller/milly or a girl is beautiful. Best of luck!

Well , iam maybe on the minority here but I love Miller on a girl . It's uncommon without be too strange on people ears . The nn Millie is wonderful and the fact that you honor someone is great . To be honest iam not a big fan of Barbara because its sounds dated but Miller Barbara is really pretty .I also think Miller Babette { french varation of Barbara } would pretty .
    “I am a forest, and a night of dark trees: but he who is not afraid of my darkness, will find banks full of roses under my cypresses.”

Belladonna Forest ~ Persephone Lenore ~ Nocturne Ophelia ~ Psyche Isadora ~ Rosa Ninghtingale ~ Séraphine Wildrose
    Amadeus Raphaël ~ Viktor Dorian ~ Dante Alexander Wolf ~ Lucien Alaric ~ Orpheus Edgar

My first thought is Miller Light beer. Miller isn't modern and paired with Barbara it sounds even more dated. To me, Mills is a modern choice.
    Have you considered Romilly or Romilla?

Fox * Rohan * Jade * Shea * Eden * Blaise * Greer
    Lotus * Noor * Tallulah * Jasper * Linden * Arden

My cousin is called Milla... why noy spell it this way to make it more feminine? Meaningful names are the best
    Long time name lover...

DD - Iris Ophelia (2011)
    D? - due August... Peregrine Lyons or Aurelia ?????

I too feel as though Miller is better suited for a boy, but my hear breaks for you over the sentimentality of it. I like many of the other suggestions (Mila, Milla, and Millie). Please don't use Millicent though; it's too close to Malificent, which was the evil queen-turned-dragon from Sleeping Beauty! Are there any other names close your husband's grandmother that you could use? I know someone else suggested HER middle name or last name?

I love Barbara as a mn though; what a beautiful tribute!

**One important thing to remember; these are all just suggestions and opinions from other Berries; the choice is ultimately yours and your husband's- best of luck to you both!