Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

"It's Italian, but I'm not..."

(Sorry for double-posting! I hit submit before I was finished on accident!)

As it turns out, I like Italian names, like Beppe and Agnella. But I am not Italian at all. I am not having a child anytime soon, but if my guy is not Italian, I'm not really sure what names I like at all! Sure I like lots of other names (listed below), but they're all over the place! Also, maybe you caught it in Agnella and Beppe, but I also *LOVE* names that go "consonant-double vowel-consonant", like the "eppe" and "ella". I also love names containing "Etta", "Ott-", etc.

Can you nameberries suggest some names that fit my style, but aren't so blatantly Italian (Obviously, I love Italians and their names, but I don't want a child to go through life responding to "That's an Interesting name" with "It's Italian, but I'm Not...")? Also, perhaps suggest a sibset?

Current Favorites:
    Magdalene (I say this "Mag-duh-lynn")
    Clarice
    Laurel
    Ellis (love "elli-")
    Kitty (love "itty")
    Vienna (love "enna")
    Winona (nn Winnie, love "inni")
    Margo/Marlo
    Could learn to love (a little on the fence about):
    Anya
    Sybil (or whatever spelling)
    Blanche
    Sylvia
    Greer (love "reer")
    Moira
    Violette (not Violet, sorry.)

Also, I pretty much have only four favorite boy's names and I need to find more! They are Franklin, Beppe, Ray (Raymond?), and Kenyon. Help!
    →teenberry←
    you can call me gail

□cecilia, kay, agnes, rosemary "rosie"□
    ■george, philip, thomas, bruno, james, joseph■
    ◊guilty pleasures: della, philomena, magdalene, sullivan, caspar, mack, franklin, ferris◊

Oh, also, for boy's names, I like both Bruno and Mars, but not because of Bruno Mars, I promise! I also like the sound of Winston and other Win- names (for boys and girls!)
    →teenberry←
    you can call me gail

□cecilia, kay, agnes, rosemary "rosie"□
    ■george, philip, thomas, bruno, james, joseph■
    ◊guilty pleasures: della, philomena, magdalene, sullivan, caspar, mack, franklin, ferris◊

I never would have thought I was Italian, but if you go back far enough in your family tree, you might be surprised what you find! I found several 17th century Italians that contributed to the "Anglo-" ancestral branch of my family tree. Engllish royals have a surprising amount of Italian (Spanish, Portuguese, French, etc.) ancestry. Close enough for me!

No suggestions, but I thought I should say I love Magdalene/Magdlena (nn Magda/Maggie/Mags) - so pretty & unexpected.
    New username is @ truenature

Eudora - Casilda - Violetta - Odelia - Leocadia - Odette - Isolde - Valentine - Leopoldine - Isadora
    Eulalia - Aurelia - Marigold - Ariadne - Viola - Cosima - Philomena -Enid
    Averil - Caius - Casimir - Edmund - Ignatius - Benedict - Thaddeus - Raphael - Leopold - Clement
    Cassian - Isidore - Wenceslaus - Balthasar - Peregrine - Gilbert - Cornelius - Augustine - Carlisle