Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Ida...

Ida...

Ida is a family name for me that I would be interested in using, but I always had trouble getting past the old-ladyish sound of it. I said it the other day though, and realized that it could be kind of cute and stylish. So, what do you all think? Would you ever consider naming a child Ida? Would you be happy to meet a child with the name?

Also, if I ever use the name, it would probably be as a middle. Can anyone think of good combos with Ida as the middle? It seems hard to pair.

Thanks!
    Not expecting, just planning and building lists!

Quote Originally Posted by sunshine.10 View Post
    Ida is a family name for me that I would be interested in using, but I always had trouble getting past the old-ladyish sound of it. I said it the other day though, and realized that it could be kind of cute and stylish. So, what do you all think? Would you ever consider naming a child Ida? Would you be happy to meet a child with the name?

Also, if I ever use the name, it would probably be as a middle. Can anyone think of good combos with Ida as the middle? It seems hard to pair.

Thanks!
    For me I have many names that I think are really great but I wouldn't use and Ida is one of them. I would love to see Ida on someone else's daughter but not my own. I just can't imagine using Ida myself. But I think as it's a family name you think it's cute and stylish and generally like the name Ida you should use it!!

Suggestions:
    Ida Katherine
    Ida Wren
    Ida Violet
    Ida Elizabeth
    Ida Laurel
    Ida Penelope
    Ida Kate
    Ida Gabrielle
    Ida Charlotte
    Ida Jasmine

Ida Jane is the first thing I thought of, which is spunky and cute.

Ida Lainey
    Ida Marie
    Ida Caroline
    Ida Miriam
    Ida Simone
    Ida Lorelei
    Ida May/Mae
    Amedeo Enjolras Aristotle Leonardo Archer Olivier Mischa Liam Caspian Benedict Theodore Fitzwilliam
    Rosalie Evangeline Mirabelle Ophelia Alice Elisabeth Stella Titania Artemis Cicely Margarethe Thalia Astrid

I love the name Ida, I do like the ee-da pronunciation better but I think both are lovely.
    I don't think of Ida as old-ladyish because I associate it with a character in an Astrid Lindgren book and she's a little girl
    I would actually love to see Ida be used as a first name rather that put it the middle, because with more little girls named Ida, the old-ladyish feel (that a few people might have) will fade.

My first thought was 'Idaho potato'...next...my grandma's first name was Ida according to census records and her birth certificate, but she always denied it like her life depended on it.