Names Searched Right Now:
Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Your avatar :)

@triss- You've visited an orphanage in Malawi? Wow, that must have been an eye-opening experience. Have you heard of Mary's Meals, a charity in Malawi that provides school meals, and Martha Payne, the schoolgirl who supports them through her blog Neverseconds? I read the book Martha and her dad wrote about it (it's also called Neverseconds), so powerful.

@Sari- they are cute!

@Maggie- one day, hopefully... You sound like you've done some globetrotting... anytime you feel like telling I'd love to hear your cool stories!

@hanniekit- aww, he's beautiful! Oh, and I see from your signature you have a guinea pig named Portia- after the character?! Love her and her name
    ~Love names, literature, royals and horses~ <3

Favourite names:
    Girls: Azalea, Cordelia, Elizabeth, Rosalind, Scarlett, Portia, Felicity, Juliet
    Boys: Fitzwilliam, Sebastian, Percival, Prospero, Orlando, Darcy

Quote Originally Posted by bonfireazalea View Post
    you have a guinea pig named Portia- after the character?!
    Yep. Perfect name for a guinea pig I thought. All my guinea pigs have had P-names, you see.
    Last edited by hanniekitt; October 2nd, 2013 at 03:28 PM. Reason: Messed up the quote box with my overzealous backspacing
    My furry darlings ~ Bodie the border terrier & Portia and Penny the guinea pigs

Amabel ~ Beryl ~ Bryony ~ Cecily ~ Charis ~ Clara ~ Dinah ~ Flora ~ Georgiana ~ Ophelia ~ Rosamund ~ Sylvie ~ Tabitha ~ Tamsin ~ Violet

Arthur ~ Barnaby ~ Basil ~ Bertie ~ Darcy ~ Elliot ~ Felix ~ Fraser ~ Frederick ~ Henry ~ Monty ~ Rowan ~ Rupert ~ Theodore ~ Tristan

Quote Originally Posted by bonfireazalea View Post
    @Ash that's awesome! I'm *kinda* obsessed with England so hopefully I'll get to go there one day... I live in Toronto (for university, home's about an hour away) so I find it amusing that people would come for a vacation! I like it here but I'd never call it exciting. Wow, Brazil always sounded like an awesome country to visit, glad you enjoyed it! Oh you went ahead sponsoring Isabel? Cool, I remember you saying you were thinking about it. I've been to Paris, Vienna and Budapest which were incredible, all very different but unique and charming in their own ways. In the US I've been to New York a few times, another city I love, and Chicago and Disney World when I was really little but I don't remember much. I love travelling sounds like you do too!

Haha, irrational desires... I've been wanting to go to Heidelberg (Germany) since I saw a YouTube video that was filmed there, and Puglia (Italy) after watching a TV show where someone was looking for a house there. So you're not alone
    I don't know, my dad likes going there because he had fond memories of visiting there as a child? I remember seeing Fort Henry and the 1,000 Islands--I still love both places. I love history, so I still want to go back to see Fort Henry (which is technically on the American side, but ah, well, haha). I desperately want to go see Nova Scotia, though--it looks so beautiful there! Same goes for me, though--I'm directly in the middle of Amish/Mennonite country, and I can't understand for the life of me the obscene amount of attention they garner all the time! I respect their lifestyle, and my childhood babysitter was Mennonite, and I LOVE them, but seriously. I don't get the obsession, haha. I think it's probably because we grew up around it, so it's just normal to us. My dad keeps trying to convince me that's why I don't get the hype around the Mennonites and Amish, haha. I think it's ridiculous, though--people are SO interested in them, but they don't respect their lifestyle at all.

Yes, I had actually sponsored her before I put the thread up, but it was one of those "Oh, crap" moments and I was hoping I was wrong, haha. It turns out there's a possibility that she goes by her middle name, Arumy, so if that's so, using Isabelle might be a not-too-obvious way to honor her, because I would like to. I've gotten so used to calling her Isabel all the time already, so it'll take some time to adjust to calling her Arumy instead. But I sort of like the idea of using Isabelle in honor of her, and my best friend (who was French and passed away in 2011). I feel like the sound of the name would be for Isabel, but I'd use the French variant to honor my best friend.
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle Aurora Grace | Caleb Elias Joseph | Arianne Eleanor Daisy | Everett Joshua Charles
    Olivia Wren Camille | Jack August Wilder | Violet Ophelia Claire | Avery Ian George

Wow! Some of you guys are so talented with your hand drawn avatars. I wish I could draw. My avatar is a painting called Beatrice by Marie Spartali Stillman. I am a huge fan of Pre-Raphaelite art and I think Marie is such an underrated artist
    Raquel-21 year old who loves names, books, and languages

Ladies: Catherine Isabella,Helena Margaret, Clara Josephine, Amelia Juliet, Louisa Genevieve, Eva Rosalind, Rose Fiammetta, Edith Lenore, Charlotte Rosamund, Eleanora Winter
    Gentlemen: Asher Frederick, Nicholas Hugo, Henry Oliver, William Grey, Matthew Isaiah, Thomas Alaric, George Everett

My avatar is in one of my favorite colors- blue- just because I'm a nature-loving person.
    ~Mehri