Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Milestones - what age did your baby. .

What age did your baby do the big ones rolling over sitting sitting up standing walking ect?

Persephone rolled over from her belly to her back at 3 months. That was early, but the first time was an accident. She was looking up at my room mate while doing tummy time then just sort of rolled. After that it was like she just knew what to do. She wouldn't stay on her belly after that. She just kept flipping over. Then she stopped for about 2 weeks, then she started doing it again. She's right at 4 months now.

She sits up on her own for the most part and she's been doing that a month now too. You still have to sit right there with your hands on either side for when she loses her balance and falls over, but she can support herself. Now she hasn't quite figured out how to sit completely up on her own yet. If I put her in her boppy pillow, she can pull herself up into sitting because she's already halfway there. She can't go from laying down to sitting up yet.

And she's been working on her crawling. She probably won't learn that for a while, but that's what she's chooses to work on during her tummy time. She puts her head down and her butt up and inch worms. She's managed to scoot like that a whole foot but only once and only with her daddy sitting in front of her. She wouldn't do it for me -_- But she has gotten turning in circles perfectly. She can twist herself fully around by now.

I also think she's working on teething because of all the drool and how often she shoves my finger into the back of her mouth and chews. She's eating textured cereal and she's working on holding her own bottle.

She started sleeping through the night at 1 month. I know that's rare I guess, but my nurse told me "Stop waking her up every 4 hours. If she's hungry, she'll wake you up." And so 2 days after I stopped going to wake her up, she slept 9 hours. She's been doing that ever since, just sleeping 7 or 8 hours at night.
    Mother, Hellenic Pagan Priestess, and Resident Greek name expert ^_^ Call me Dantea or Remy

http://covertocoverediting.webs.com/ -- Editing services available for cheap.

Proud Mama to:
    Persephone Elysia Willow -- June 5th 2013
    TTC #2 by Christmas 2014

Levin also rolled from his belly to back at three months. He was a very strong baby, though. The nurses all commented on that. He could hold his head up from birth, which is unusual. He rolled from back to belly at six months. He started army crawling at six months. He couldn't sit up on his own until eight months- then he started proper crawling, sitting up and pulling up all on the same day. He started walking the day after his first birthday. He never practiced it- just pulled himself up one day and walked across the kitchen, so proud of himself. He started running, dancing, and jumping shortly after that.

He started sleeping through the night (12 hours straight! Praise the Lord!) at five months, when we put him in his own crib and room. He switched into a twin bed (due to jumping out of the crib) at around 19 months. He got his first tooth at six months and has all but a couple of teeth now (at 22 months.)

He smiled late (at 2 months) but then started laughing on the same day that he started smiling. Laughing on purpose was my favorite milestone.

He was the same way with talking- he didn't have any words at all until almost eighteen months, but then he went from zero to short sentences ("up chair" "doggie barkin'" stuff like that). He started singing at the same time, which I love. Now he is almost two and has lots of longer sentences. It is really amazing to be able to communicate with him more and more! We did do a few baby signs, starting at six months. It took about three months of us doing them consistently for him to start copying them. We stuck to very basic ones, like "milk" and "more" and "all done." That was really helpful in cutting down on his frustration with not being able to tell us what he wanted.

Yes Persephone was the same with her head holding. She could do that a few hours after birth. Not really high, but she could. By her 2 week check she was holding her head and chest up. She's very strong.

I'm really looking forward to trying to teach her some signs. ^_^ I hope she picks them up as quickly as she did everything else.
    Mother, Hellenic Pagan Priestess, and Resident Greek name expert ^_^ Call me Dantea or Remy

http://covertocoverediting.webs.com/ -- Editing services available for cheap.

Proud Mama to:
    Persephone Elysia Willow -- June 5th 2013
    TTC #2 by Christmas 2014

These moments are so exciting! I feel like my Lil one is taking a break & its so strange now after her trying to do everything. She was also always trying to hold her head up very young & always trying to sit from at least 2 months on - she would never lay down! Now she sits well at 4 months but rather hold my finger for balance otherwise shell get distracted & toplple over soon after.

I feel like she slept better at 2-3 months than now. She would only wake up once to eat &now its like 2-3 times but only like half asleep & right back it. I was never huge on belly time but she finally rolled over. AfAfter that she was like apro but now she stopped again & shell just lay there & occasionally work on bringing her legs up trying to crawl.