Names Searched Right Now:
Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast
    Hmm. He raises some good points there. I can easily picture Narnian tarot cards after that list; thanks, Angel.

And my brothers (age 9) are just starting to get into Narnia! So far I think they like Dawn Treader best. My favorite was always The Horse and His Boy, followed by The Magician's Nephew.
    Gwen
    College student, bookworm, terrible influence.
    Owner of a cat: Minerva "Minnie"

Current favorites:
    Belphoebe Cosima Sybella Ailsa Celia
    Prosper Finn August Malcolm Zephyr

Voyage of the Dawn Treader was always my favorite. (what movie adaptation?)

Angel, that list is fabulous! I do agree with others that adding the rest of the series in would flesh things out a bit, but all the concepts listed are gorgeous! I also agree that swords for air and arrows for fire seems counterintuitive. I think it's because in the traditional suits of wands, swords, cups, and coins/pentacles, the swords do represent air and the wands represent fire.

I love tarot ^_^ I currently have three decks, the Universal-Waite (I think this or the Rider-Waite is the ideal learning deck because they contain all of the original symbolism), an adorable mini deck that is illustrated with all cats (the Fool is a dog walking off the edge of the cliff with a cat sinking his teeth into the dog's pant leg to hold him back - I love it!), and the Fenestra deck, which is my main. The Fenestra images are beautiful and spell-binding and breathtaking. They just sing to me. There's a lovely briar-rose motif on the back of the cards, and they have the perfect weight in my hands. I've also had the Shadowscapes deck on my Amazon wishlist for ages - it just looks so ethereal and faery-like. I think Fenestra will always be my primary though.
    Zion Nathaniel ~ Solomon Fable ~ Balthazar Wolf ~ Malachi Sparrow nn Kai ~ Tobias Rowan ~ Endymion _____ nn Ender ~ Caspian _____
    Alice Willow ~ Ophelia Wren ~ Lucia Pearl ~ Eve Wisteria nn Evie ~ Cosima Rose ~ River _____

GPs
    Narnia Rose, Luna Seraphine, Astoria nn Story, Illyria, Serafina, Soraya, Faerydae
    Orion Melchior North, Tobias Loki, Edmund, Frost, Oberon, Kenshin, Remiel, Atreyu

I currently have an Egyptian deck, which is really lovely, but I'm just learning how to use them and I'd like to get a Greek one someday. I did my first reading today. I did a 3 card spread and it was amazingly accurate he said. I then tried a pyramid like the booklet that came with my deck tried to teach me to do and it was terrible >.< More practicing!

I've also been drawing maps and writing my DnD campaign today! So excited. I have so much awful things planned for these characters and my husband is dumb enough to sit here and plan out his gear with me. "Oh, this ring wards against golems. Are you going to use them?" I shake my head "Oh, then I won't buy it." Well, alright. He kept asking me things like that. Are you going to use X monster? I'd say no. He wouldn't buy something. *facepalm*
    Mother, Hellenic Pagan Priestess, and Resident Greek name expert ^_^ Call me Dantea or Remy

http://covertocoverediting.webs.com/ -- Editing services available for cheap.

Proud Mama to:
    Persephone Elysia Willow -- June 5th 2013
    TTC #2 by Christmas 2014

A pyramid spread sounds cool! I need to branch out more. My go-to spreads are the 3-card past/present/future reading and the 10-card Celtic Cross. I love the latter because it gets really in-depth, but I'm not a good situational reader. Some people can look at the cards and go, "Oh, Knight of Swords meets the Chariot. Clearly you're going to be in an automobile accident soon." O.o I'm more about the emotional meanings and the relational patterns between cards. I like to turn over one at a time, read that card and then at the end sit back and point out the patterns: which is the dominant suit (mostly cups means lots of conflicting emotions for the querent), when two of the same face cards of different suits are in opposing positions (one knight in the past vs. one knight in the future means a clear change in outlook/perspective), where the Major Arcana come into play, the relationship between the goal and the outcome, etc. I would never be able make money at a fair trying to read people's futures, they'd laugh me out of the tent! haha.

Ack! We had D&D last night and my character was infected with this stupid disease, failed her endurance check, turned into an undead spawn of Kyuss, attacked her party, and was summarily knocked unconscious. The good news: party then took her to a "healer" to have the disease removed. The bad news: removing a disease that makes one undead means one is now just regular dead. >_< So I can either ride around in the bag of holding till they find a chance to rez me, or roll a new character. Curses!!!
    Zion Nathaniel ~ Solomon Fable ~ Balthazar Wolf ~ Malachi Sparrow nn Kai ~ Tobias Rowan ~ Endymion _____ nn Ender ~ Caspian _____
    Alice Willow ~ Ophelia Wren ~ Lucia Pearl ~ Eve Wisteria nn Evie ~ Cosima Rose ~ River _____

GPs
    Narnia Rose, Luna Seraphine, Astoria nn Story, Illyria, Serafina, Soraya, Faerydae
    Orion Melchior North, Tobias Loki, Edmund, Frost, Oberon, Kenshin, Remiel, Atreyu

My favourite Narnia books are the Magician's Nephew and The Silver Chair (it's so creepy and evil). The movies are terrible (the first one's fine, PC and DT are atrocities).

Now to Tarot (love the Narnia link, Angel!). I'm a bit of a collector of decks, so I've got many, but most are just decorative. Oracle of the Dragonfae is incredibly beautiful and haunting. I love my Book of Shadows deck, As Above and So Below are both lovely, The Pagan Tarot and the Olympus Tarot as well. I'm waiting eagerly for my new deck (Tarot of the Hidden Realm) to arrive. I've also got the Steampunk one, but I've never actually worked with it; it was simply just too beautiful to resist. The same goes for the Klimt deck. And, as most do, I've got the Robin Wood one and my first ever and still most used one; the Legends Tarot Deck featuring Arthurian artwork. I've been looking at the Fenestra deck, Sessha, but I've never found it anywhere. I'm a wee bit cautious about buying Tarot decks online as I want to feel them first (Tarot of the Hidden Realm is the exception).

Has anyone else been lusting over The Wizards Tarot? I'm waiting for its release...
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]