Names Searched Right Now:
Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast
    Haha. Is Σύνθια correct? I love Ceridwen, but it's a name I've never heard before I joined nameberry.
    Call me Cynthia, Angie, or Luna. 22. Name nerd.

Clemency | Clementine | Juliette | Helena | Isabelle | Annabelle | Evangeline | Seraphina | Rosalind | Violetta
    Vanessa | Audrey | Ariadne | Callista | Belphoebe | Bellatrix | Lyra | Valencia | Valentina | Laetitia | Cytherea
    Gavriel | Hermes | Flynn | James | Orion | Alexander | Caspian | Peregrine | Marius | Altair
    Callum | Cadmus | Jason | Perseus | Theseus | Oliver | Éomund | Luca | Amias

I'm not a mom yet, but I think I might fit in here?

I've dyed my hair a bazillion colors. I'm a natural dark brown, but it's currently a really light golden brown. I'm planning on going much lighter, but I don't want to damage it too much so I going light one shade at a time. I'm biracial so I had this extremely curly hair when I was younger, but I hated it so I straightened it a lot. I regret it now because I realize straight hair isso not for me. I've thought of shaving all my hair off and hoping that the texture would grow back, but it took me so long to grow my hair to the length it is after all the damage I did.

I wouldn't classify myself as agnostic or atheist because I don't belive in organized religion and labeling my beliefs. I'm in no way girly. I'm generally a jeans and t-shirt girl. A black t-shirt and jeans are my everyday uniform. I've only had my lip pierced because I don't think I would look well with other piercing, but I would have loved an eyebrow piercing if my face was right for it. I have a baby face so people assume younger than my age, but I've always been more mature than my peers and never fit in. I think it has to do with being a latchkey kids and growing up in a dysfunctional family where I had to raise myself. I spent more time at the library when I was young than outside playing, going to movies, or doing normal kid stuff. Reading 200 books in the summer was normal for me.

I'm semi-obsessed with the supernatural, cryptid and mythological creatures. As far as I can remember I've always been interested in knowing more about them and wanting to go find out if they had exist or still exist. It probably should freak me out, but I'm all for believing in the supernatural. I would love to pursue a career in cryptozoology on the side of my restaurant business. I'm really interested in urban exploring and geocaching. There are so many places in NYC that I want to check out.

I still working on getting my first tattoo, but I want way more. I'm going to get one on my wrist within the year, but the body ones will have to wait until I lose weight.

These are the one I'll be getting:
    1. A dove or swallow with initials for my deceased grandmother.

These are the closest I've seen to what I want:
    Position of ribbon in mouth and face: http://bexlee.files.wordpress.com/20...lowers-yet.jpg
    Position of ribbon around body: http://www.tattoozfind.com/images/bi...ve_tattoos.jpg
    General guideline of body, tail & wings: http://jspooner.files.wordpress.com/...eferences.jpeg

2. Anchors near my ankles or hips once I lose enough weight. There is a significant reason behind these, but it's extremely personal.

3. This one is cheesy, but I want my nephews name in a outline of a heart. I wasn't in the best way before he was born. Him coming into my life made me want to live more and become better.

4. I want to have one of my poems on my side, but I'm not sure how I want it. I think a tree with the words on entwined branches will be good.

I need to get to sketching. I've been procrastinating for too long. The reason I can't get my tattoos yet because of my psoriases is really bad at the moment. I'm waiting to get on Humira then I heading to the tattoo parlor as soon as possible.
    Dany (Also known as Athena Danielle)
    Could you check out these threads? I'll return the favor.
    Link
    Link

Rosemary Gloria ~ Petra Madeleine~ Lilith Seraphine
    Alaric Matthew ~ Henry Marcellus ~ Sebastian Rhys ~ Giles Edmund

Hey, sorry to jump in in the middle of everyone's discussions. I've always been the weird girl, whether I wanted to be or not. I have pretty crushing social anxiety, but I had different interests before that. My siblings are several years older than me, and when my older sister got into more alternative things, I really followed her. I loved classic punk when I was younger, then moved more toward metal. I used to dress very goth and be open about my slightly different interests, but I just don't anymore. I miss it. I did have a similar experience to redwoodfey the first time I colored my hair. I was about 12 and I fell asleep and the deep red dye stained my face. The worst part was that I tried to get it off with baby oil, and it looked like it was getting a lot of it off, and then I got to be surprised when someone on the bus asked what happened. It was so embarrassing. I kept it deep red for long time, but haven't dyed my hair in years. I was recently considering going blonde, which my 12 year old self would not approve of. I don't have any tattoos yet. I just want to be absolutely sure that I want them, but it's been years now so I really think I do.

I never got into gaming, that's SO's area. He's a game developer and rarely has time to play anymore. We're both pretty nerdy. I'm really into astronomy, but I know that I don't know enough to converse intelligently about it. I am a Non-theist according to the article, although I guess also a Ritual Atheist.

I don't really know what else to say. I usually feel kind of like the weird girl here, too. I typically try not to get very personal, besides medical stuff which I always feel really bad for asking. I have a lot of general interests, but haven't been really passionate about any of them for a while now. I've been looking for something to really throw myself into besides motherhood, of course. Everyone keeps telling me that I need other interests. I'm learning to crochet, and I'm pretty excited about that. I will be making my own wedding dress, I'm planning to start that next year. We aren't officially engaged, but we've had the date set for about six years now and he's been teasing me that it'll happen soon. I've also been wanting to learn to code.
    Mommy to Mr. Ivan Eli

Hoping a little too hard for Otis Alfie . Angus Rex . Chester Malcolm . Remy Wolfram . Wren Winter . Fae Sylvana . Thora Violet . Starling Delilah

Quote Originally Posted by sleepysessha View Post
    Katie - I used to be ENFP for years and years until I moved halfway across the country and got into an abusive relationship. The last test I took before that had me at 75% Extravert. Now I am out of that relationship, moved away from that situation, and am happily married to my best friend...but that time in my life really altered me. I now test INFP, with 56% Introversion O.o More than 100 points difference! It's weird to think about.
    Are you secretly my mom? She is an Extrovert type and had an extremely relationship & a similar change long before I was born. I think she still leans toward Extrovert, but she's not as outgoing as she apparently was before that relationship. Its scary how much our experiences shape and change us. I think too we change as we age and learn. I haven't retested in a while, but I'm sure my Extroversion would score lower now than it did in highschool or something.

Quote Originally Posted by pistachio View Post
    I will be making my own wedding dress, I'm planning to start that next year. We aren't officially engaged, but we've had the date set for about six years now and he's been teasing me that it'll happen soon.
    Exciting! I made my own wedding dress, and I definitely wouldn't do that again. It turned out well but it was very stressful. I couldn't even imagine trying to tackle that with a rugrat running around. But if you know what you want, you're not in a hurry, and you're an experienced sewer I say go for it.
    Last edited by katieydenberg; September 29th, 2013 at 04:18 AM.
    New username is @ truenature

@pistachio : I'm going to design my own wedding dress (If I ever get married, of course. Currently still in uni, no SO). Post a pic of it latter, please?

- I taught myself how to code few years ago, autodidact, but I forgot most of it now because I simply never had a chance to use it. *sigh.
    - My hair is dark brown. Been wanting to highlight it for years but I just can't add more damage. It is straight (the one you don't want to make it curly because it'll back straight so fast, unless you're willing to pay a lot more to a very expensive hairdresser.)
    - Another astronomy lover here? Cool. I used to spent hours of my insomnia night stargazing
    Last edited by c@29; September 29th, 2013 at 04:39 AM.
    Call me Cynthia, Angie, or Luna. 22. Name nerd.

Clemency | Clementine | Juliette | Helena | Isabelle | Annabelle | Evangeline | Seraphina | Rosalind | Violetta
    Vanessa | Audrey | Ariadne | Callista | Belphoebe | Bellatrix | Lyra | Valencia | Valentina | Laetitia | Cytherea
    Gavriel | Hermes | Flynn | James | Orion | Alexander | Caspian | Peregrine | Marius | Altair
    Callum | Cadmus | Jason | Perseus | Theseus | Oliver | Éomund | Luca | Amias